Dodge 2017 will have 8 passenger minivans!

ADS

Keeanh

Cool. Better not be an 8p Caravan :p . Funny how GM/Chevy quit making their 8p vans just as everyone else started. Sedona came out with a nice 8p version last year.

ETA: I'm laughing so hard now. Autoguide actually has people "spying" on Chrysler and following the prototype around. And, oh look, it looks exactly like that T&C in the background :rolleyes:
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/02/2017-chrysler-minivan-interior-revealed.html

12565515_929048520515727_2620131092428595113_n.jpg

pooh136

Well, sources say they are improving 3rd row belt fit and adding tether anchors so that's hopeful.
I am so hopeful that this will be the case. I have been trying to convince my husband that a minivan would be the best option now that we have 4 children. Besides his general dislike for minivans, he also doesn't want to buy from foreign auto companies. Since Dodge/Chrysler is our only option for a minivan he would consider, we haven't gotten too far in our discussions.

aporthole

I am so hopeful that this will be the case. I have been trying to convince my husband that a minivan would be the best option now that we have 4 children. Besides his general dislike for minivans, he also doesn't want to buy from foreign auto companies. Since Dodge/Chrysler is our only option for a minivan he would consider, we haven't gotten too far in our discussions.

There is also the Ford Transit Connect. The 2016 TCs added tether anchors for the 3rd row.

PKung

CPS Technician
I am pretty sure there is no new 2017 Dodge, just the Chrysler. Any Grand Caravan for 2017 should be the same old van since 2008, destined for fleets.

I was able to get into a Pacifica at the Detroit show for a few minutes before being ejected by uniformed security.
The third row has two top tethers, one on the right 40% side, and the other in the middle of the 60%, halfway between the middle and left seat. I think the lower anchors are offset too, so - like the current van - using LATCH on the 60% side is strictly a one-person affair.

Subjectively, the third row felt a little wider than before, but not by a lot. I couldn't get a tape measure on it. The seats were more comfortable and at less of an angle. I didn't get into the one with the 2nd row center seat before the thugs showed up, but supposedly it has full LATCH. The seat looked most similar to what's in a Sedona.

And aporthole, are you sure the Transit Connect has 3rd row top tethers for 2016? It isn't in the first printing of the manual. Sure you're not thinking big Transit, which has twelve?

aporthole

I am pretty sure there is no new 2017 Dodge, just the Chrysler. Any Grand Caravan for 2017 should be the same old van since 2008, destined for fleets.

I was able to get into a Pacifica at the Detroit show for a few minutes before being ejected by uniformed security.
The third row has two top tethers, one on the right 40% side, and the other in the middle of the 60%, halfway between the middle and left seat. I think the lower anchors are offset too, so - like the current van - using LATCH on the 60% side is strictly a one-person affair.

Subjectively, the third row felt a little wider than before, but not by a lot. I couldn't get a tape measure on it. The seats were more comfortable and at less of an angle. I didn't get into the one with the 2nd row center seat before the thugs showed up, but supposedly it has full LATCH. The seat looked most similar to what's in a Sedona.

And aporthole, are you sure the Transit Connect has 3rd row top tethers for 2016? It isn't in the first printing of the manual. Sure you're not thinking big Transit, which has twelve?

Nope, the smaller Transit Connect added 3rd row TAs. Owner's manual printing 1 (pages 22, 23):
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_06_2015.pdf

PKung

CPS Technician
Yes, it now looks like you can use the cargo tie-downs in the Transit Connect for third row tether anchors. Too bad they're in the way of stuff in the trunk, but it's a whole lot better than nothing.
Sorry, I must have looking at a draft of the manual before.

tribord, I think Clek (? - somebody correct me) lets you add the seatbelt to the lower anchor. I guess I could see this being convenient when you hit the weight limit of LATCH, not needing to uninstall the seat.

aporthole

The table on page 26 makes it appear that installing a FF seat with both the seat belt AND lower anchors at the same time is just fine. Am I reading that correctly?

Yes, but remember the car seat also has to approve this. Clek Foonf forward facing and the base of the Nuna Pipa are the only two off the top of my head that allow it.

tribord

Yes, but remember the car seat also has to approve this. Clek Foonf forward facing and the base of the Nuna Pipa are the only two off the top of my head that allow it.

I know that, but the wording of the TC manual implies it is fine to install any FF seat with both seat belt and LATCH, and I can see how it might confuse the average user. I think there should be some clarification in there. Hopefully people are also reading their car seat manuals!!

Anyway, I apologize for taking this thread off-topic.
Posted via Mobile Device

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The table on page 26 makes it appear that installing a FF seat with both the seat belt AND lower anchors at the same time is just fine. Am I reading that correctly?

Ford has been doing this for years. I've rarely seen it cause confusion- mostly because people rarely read the manual. (they also note only if allowed by the manufacturer.)

As manufacturers of car seats start to allow this I expect more manufacturers of vehicles will as well.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Good question- maybe they figured not many people remembered the Old Chrysler Pacifica? And I don't see a lot of Diono Pacifica carseats. In fact, I think I've seen one come in for a check. Usually they are Radians or Rainiers.

It's not like the Town & Country had a negative connotation for people, except maybe carseat advocates in regard to the third row seat!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC