Do you have the screws installed in your TurboBooster armrests?

mlohry

Why yes, but only because I saw it on this website and sent my hubby out to buy the right kind at the hardware store, so we could use the sear right away!!!

ADS

amyd

I called Elfe (Canadian distributor for Graco) and they sent me 8 screws. I only have 2 left, though, so I must call again soon.

Twinklefae

Thanks Mae :) That would be awesome, but I can't find a way to order them from the Canadian website - that's why I had to call and request the screws.

And when I called to order them, they wanted a serial number as well as model number and DOM.

babyherder

Last time I order I could get up to 5 screws. So I did. So guess in the third booster half of the pelvis will be protected. :shrug-shoulders:

Mae

Last time I order I could get up to 5 screws. So I did. So guess in the third booster half of the pelvis will be protected. :shrug-shoulders:

Yeah, I just ordered some today and I could do up to five. Kind of silly, IMO. Why can't they just make it an even number ...?

flutie128

Yes I do and I own 4 turbo boosters. I figured that if they came with the seat they needed to be used. This was before I found this board and had my 40 pounds 3.5 in a booster since I couldn't afford a Britax seat and the Nautilus hadn't been released yet.

amelia222

Thanks for this. I need to print it out to post at dd's daycare.
Could you add an explanation of why they need screws, just for completeness. Thanks

Notaclue

I put the screws in ds's Turbo when I bought it. It never occoured to me NOT to put them in.

I also have a backless turbo that is actually a friend of mine's spare seat for her son. She used to ride with me so often that she left it in the back of my van. On a whim I checked it and nope, no screws. Luckily though she has changed many many things about her car seat useage since meeting me and that booster pretty much never gets used at all.

babyherder

Yeah, I just ordered some today and I could do up to five. Kind of silly, IMO. Why can't they just make it an even number ...?

I would ask. But they would probably just change it to four and I would have to place even more orders.

babyherder

I figure it depends which side the accident is on. If its going to be an impact on the right, put the screw in the right side. If its going to be an impact on the left, put the screw in the left side.

karlatta

I don't have a model number or DOM, but I emailed Graco and told them I was a tech and that I see lots of Turboboosters with missing screws, that I tell parents to call Graco to get them, but I'm never sure they follow through, and asked if I could have several screws sent to me so that I could just hand them out. They sent me THIRTY!

finn

I find this so interesting, I just bought our version of this booster called the Graco Logico (exactly the same just the European version) the screws were all ready in. I don't get why they don't screw them in before putting them in the box?

But maybe that's why yours cost $45 (USD) and mine just cost me $199 NZD/ ($154 USD), oh and mine came in a choice of grey, grey or grey!

cso1997

Yes, a lot of Turbos are missing the screws. It leaves me scratching my head for why Graco would ever think it was a good idea to just stick them in the package instead of installing them. Since so many people never read the manual, putting them in with the manual makes them blend right into the "garbage". Landfills everywhere are full of Turbo screws.

Yes... both of mine have the screws but you really have to be looking for those suckers in the box or they're easily missed :thumbsdown:. The first Turbo I owned years ago I'm thinking did not. I was 18 or 19 and simply unaware like most Turbo owners are. Sure, I should have read the manual but at 18/19 I just simply didn't think of reading a manual for something so simple :( That was prior to my car seat geek days :rolleyes:

Aren't they selling them out of the box with the screws in place now? I picked up a Turbo on behalf of a family I work for s I could secretly put it together and get the screws in place before handing it over :D Actually... I gave one as a birthday gift for a 5 yr old I take care of too and kindly (did them the favor :p) of putting it together before gifting it :eek: I didn't even mention the screws- just did it or I knew for sure they'd be ignored or misplaced within minutes of the box being opened :(

Mae

Aren't they selling them out of the box with the screws in place now?

Yes, some of them. The backless ones aren't in cardboard packages, they are like this, preassembled with the screws already in.

39092f15.jpg

A poster in this thread mentioned that the High Back Turbos aren't pre-assembled, though. Unless it was just an older TB. Same thing goes though, not all Turbos might have been sold yet, so there are still some being sold without the screws installed.

Mommy090804

I just called the Canadian number and they want to charge me $5 for shipping. I borrowed a TB, and want to return it with the screws in place.

Has anyone else called the Canadian #, and been charged $5 for shipping two screws? So much for doing someone a favour:whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC