Do kids get head slump sleeping in Frontier 90?

Athena

Anyone have this problem? I just installed one in my car and it looks like the head rest sticks more forward than the 85 that's next to it. It reminds me more of the Nauti head rest in which my kids had terrible head slump and this seat is for my sleeper who sleeps great in her 85. I don't think we or she will be happy with this if she doesn't sleep as well in it as her 85 I'd be replacing. Thank you for the feedback!

ADS

Phineasmama

We did a little bit, but I did not have it in recline mode. And then instead of using recline mode I just reclined my captains chair a little bit and reinstalled it, and that took care of it.

NVMBR02

DD2 gets a bit of head slump here and there, not bad though. DS's head slumped about the same in his old Frontier 85 from time to time as well.

glockchick

Mine doesn't. I use it in recline mode because upright seems way too straight up and down.

I was gonna post a pic but photo bucket is being stupid and taking me to the mobile site even though I'm on my laptop. :p

Dorothy

DD fell asleep in her Pioneer 70 yesterday. She had major headslump. :( But, it was not in recline mode on a pretty upright seat. I reinstalled it in recline mode once we got home. Hopefully that will help. It should, I think.

Athena

Thank you for all your responses! I was hoping to avoid recline mode. :( I don't like the look of it or how it raises the seat. I want her center of gravity lowered, the reason I liked the idea of the safe cell. If it's no worse than the 85, well it can happen in any seat if they fall asleep the wrong way, but if it's like the Nauti, then this seat is going back today.

Dorothy

Thank you for all your responses! I was hoping to avoid recline mode. :( I don't like the look of it or how it raises the seat. I want her center of gravity lowered, the reason I liked the idea of the safe cell. If it's no worse than the 85, well it can happen in any seat if they fall asleep the wrong way, but if it's like the Nauti, then this seat is going back today.

ITA about liking it lower and the Safe Cell. I hope to not need recline when we move it outboard.

2BunniesMommy

My dd does. She will be 5 in Oct. No tone issues, but turns into a total noodle when she falls asleep in the car. I just installed it in recline mode and am waiting for her to fall asleep in it to see if it helps. Will probably not happen until next month when we go out of town. I will try to remember to update.

ETA: Just read your further down post and see that you are not wanting to use the recline. She also had bad head slump in the Frontier85 and GN. Just a noodley girl.

tiggercat

My son hasn't had head slump at all, and I do not use the recline mode. Capt chair in upright position.

He has never been in another FF seat, so maybe he is just a good carseat sleeper? He didn't have head slump in a pretty upright RF RXT either.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

Athena

We did a little bit, but I did not have it in recline mode. And then instead of using recline mode I just reclined my captains chair a little bit and reinstalled it, and that took care of it.

My seats don't recline. :( Did you have head slump in the 85?

ETA: Just read your further down post and see that you are not wanting to use the recline. She also had bad head slump in the Frontier85 and GN. Just a noodley girl.

Mine rarely did in the 85, so I was hoping ...

My son hasn't had head slump at all, and I do not use the recline mode. Capt chair in upright position.

He has never been in another FF seat, so maybe he is just a good carseat sleeper? He didn't have head slump in a pretty upright RF RXT either.

You're so lucky! I don't know that she will, but if it was likely, well I don't have blow $200 on a seat that won't work well for us. :eek:

Athena

So yeah, this happened last night :/

Oh my! We went ahead with one for my DD who sleeps in the car a lot and the funny thing is, I don't think she's fallen asleep in it. So far, she loves her new seat! :)

msg221

Katelyn got head slump in it a couple of weeks ago. I have since reclined my seat a little more so hopefully that helps. I love that the bench seat in my Sorento reclines!

tl01

We haven't had slump yet but DS1 has been forward facing forever and is used to upright seats.

Dorothy

DD got all slump-y today even though her P70 is in reclined position. :( She stirred here and there and eventually righted herself, but I'm a bit disappointed its not easier for her to sleep in. I'm moving her outboard tomorrow and am hoping that spot is just enough more reclined.

ETA: DD has always been very prone to slumping for some reason. It was basically beyond head slump to full body slump! I had read a lot about how great the FR85 was for sleeping, so I was hoping these new seats would posess some kind of sleep magic. ;)

Last edited:

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've had my 4y4m old nanny kiddo sleep in the Frontier 90 in both recline and regular mode and he had zero head slump! It was fabulous.

mrosehughes

DS hasn't had any headslump issues in it, but he doesn't sleep in it often. I don't have it reclined, and he is near the top of the slot he's currently on, so the headrest is right by his ears. He just turns his head to the side while he sleeps in it. I think when we move up a slot he might have some problems for a while, since the headrest will be further away.

#1babysitter

At first I had mine installed without the recline and the 4.5 yr old I'm a nanny for had major head slump in it when she would sleep which would make her snore super loud and she would move and re-position her head on the wings but would then just slump over again. I now use it with the recline and we haven't had any issues. I think the reason she has problems without the recline is because the harness slot she is on is a good inch over her shoulders making the head rest higher. The next slot down is below her shoulders so it doesn't work. I think once she grows a little she won't have any head slump in it without the recline. We also previously used a FR85 and she NEVER had any head slump issues in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC