Do I *really* need 5 seats for 2 kids?

Dorothy

cookie123 said:
You guys have a problem. I have only 8 on my car seat shelf and 1 in my car for my 3 grandkids. One is expired.

I like the Avenue. I'd keep it. Let them get their own. It's good for 3 across. Plus if you're borrowing it out, you'll be sad when you get it back most likely. Don't do it.:)

I do like it. I do... DS is only 26# at 26 mos, but he's tall for his age. So the Ave gives him ample leg room and a good amount of shell overhead. *If* I let it go, I actually might be inclined to try a Radian again since the AA came out. Then, DD could rf for our big drive later this spring. She just doesn't sleep well ffing, bc she goes completely limp. Hmmm...

joolsplus3 said:
Sometimes I let my old seats go, just knowing that space is now freed up for new seats :whistling:

See Radian comment above. ;-) Although, the FR85 is great for sleeping, too...

Sent from my phone using the app :)

ADS
Wow, I so don't fit in here. I only have 3 seats for 2 kids and I've only ever had 5 (one crashed, one expired). The only reason we have 3 is because I got the RXT to keep DD RF 2 mo ago.

Sent from my MB860 using Car-Seat.Org

Jan06twinmom

I think that the minimum should be 3 car seats per child. I'm sure many people here will disagree with me though!

For our situation, we need a set in each of our two cars. Then I have an extra set of car seats which will sometimes go in the babysitter's car and/or grandparents car. I also feel like I need the extra set of seats for when we have friends in the car with us.

Melanie

Cath3114

I have 5 for 1 kid (though one is crashed, one is outgrown bucket). One for my car, one for DH, one for babysitter. And I'm kicking myself for not going halvesies with someone on the Kohl's Radians.

Dorothy

Ok, since you are all enabling, what other seat do I need? Or, if I give the Ave up, what two seats do I need? Kids are 2 and 4, 26 and 37 pounds, respectively. I can't recall torso or seated height measurements at this moment.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I love post like this it gives me something to tell DH when he is giving me a hard time about wanting another seat, many of you ladies have more seats than I do :)

I have 7 seat for 2 kids all of which are in cars. We have three cars then I have one for the babysitters car (she has a regent that my other son sits in when he is with her)

tam_shops

I've totally improved over the last year, now have 8 seats, 2 kids, 1 car! LOL

2 are d/c seats, so do I have to count them? LOL

2 in the car

2 are spares

1 LBB that I can jam in the car for a friend if I have to

1 is junk was waiting for BRU trade in sale...

So, my answer is, it's a PITA to pull a seat out to put in another car and then have to put back in. Accidents happen and then you need a seat pronto...

tam

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I have one, and only one, car seat aged child.

I have five car seats she can currently fit in. That's not counting the infant seat she's outgrown, the Frontier 85 she might use someday, and the high back booster which she won't ever use because it will expire before she grows into it.

StillThankful

One side of my garage is dedicated to car seat storage. My DH got me a nice shelf. :love: But my boxes don't all fit so some are stacked on the ground along the wall.

Do you mind taking a pic? I'd love to show it to DH--maybe he can make me one:)

SynEpona

I used to do daycare, and had one child of my own, and 5 or 6 seats.

Now, I don't do daycare, have 2 children of my own, and 7 seats, plus a booster that isn't mine, but lives in my car for a friend of DS's. Either of my children fit in 4 of the seats (3 Radians and a 3-in-1). Only DD fits in the Enspira, and only DS fits in the Maestro. The baby's infant seat is outgrown, and expires in the next 12 mths, so it's just taking up space in case we need to share it with a friend or something when we drive places together. I was saving it for the BrU Trade In Sale, but I have heard it's not happening in Canada this year, and not sure if I want to store it till next year on the chance they might do the sale again.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Seeing this thread makes me love you all so much more! A friend of mine was just harassing me about how many seats I have.
9 seats for 2 kids, not too many by a long shot!

aschofield

My DD (an only) has 6 seats. However, one is permanently "borrowed" out (I loaned it to a friend, but its an AOE so I don't want it back now lol) and three live at the grandparents. I would like another so I can have a spare, but DH thinks I'm insane already, and will not agree to it because he says I can take the seat out of his vehicle (DD rarely goes in it) or mine depending on need. I should show him this thread, and maybe he won't think I'm quite so crazy... lol

Brianna

Wow, I so don't fit in here. I only have 3 seats for 2 kids and I've only ever had 5 (one crashed, one expired). The only reason we have 3 is because I got the RXT to keep DD RF 2 mo ago.

Sent from my MB860 using Car-Seat.Org

For the longest time, I only had 1 car seat for 1 kid. I really hope you don't feel like you don't fit in here- you fit in because you have an interest in keeping your kids safe in the car :D

Brianna

Ok, since you are all enabling, what other seat do I need? Or, if I give the Ave up, what two seats do I need? Kids are 2 and 4, 26 and 37 pounds, respectively. I can't recall torso or seated height measurements at this moment.

Complete Air, Pria, EFTA, Radian??

Dorothy

Brianna said:
For the longest time, I only had 1 car seat for 1 kid. I really hope you don't feel like you don't fit in here- you fit in because you have an interest in keeping your kids safe in the car :D

Yeah, I started out 1:1, then 2:2. I just keep finding a "need" for more seats. :) Same goes for strollers. Before kids, I used to amass shoes, purses and denim.

Dorothy

Brianna said:
Complete Air, Pria, EFTA, Radian??

I like the Pria on paper, but I've not seen one in the flesh. The Radian is probably the most practical. I have to admit, the sliding harness on the EFTA is not my favorite, and I just can't like the CA.

Dorothy

Oh- I measured the kiddos. I didn't write it down (my memory is terrible!), but I think DS has a 13" torso and is 21" seat-to-head. DD's stats are 15.5" and 24".

Phineasmama

I'm not even going to say how many I have because it's embarrassing :p Lets just say I have one for each kid in both of our vehicles, and several to spare! I am selling some though because it's gotten out of control again

rxmommy

I have 3.5 kids and 11 seats. And I do really feel like I need 1 more. :eek: I have 2 seats I'd like to sell - one is nearly sold, the other I'd just have to get around to listing - and then replace both with 1 HWH seat like a Maestro or something. No one uses our TFP or GN at the moment, although the GN is installed in my van right now because my nephews are coming this weekend. So the spare seats have come in handy. My spare boosters are used all.the.time!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC