Diono Monterey vs. SK Monterey

mama2girls

They are not interchangeable at all. The Diono is cut right into the headwing, where the SK is attached to the bottom of the headwing. The bolt / screw configuration is completely different as well.

So are the Diono belt guides closer together? I thought they were supposed to fit smaller/narrower kids better, but they look like they're still on the outside of the headwings. :confused:

ADS

crunchierthanthou

So are the Diono belt guides closer together? I thought they were supposed to fit smaller/narrower kids better, but they look like they're still on the outside of the headwings. :confused:

but do you see how the Diono is more on the back, and the SKJP is more on the side of the headwing? That's supposed to be the changed that makes it fit narrower kids better.

ginny4

oh dear....i have the old style belt guide on our monterey. I'm now second guessing that the dionos would be a good booster for us. falling out would be a PITA. & being further back i'm not sure that will work with our seatbealt geometry. i can see the belt getting MORE bunched up & unable to retract well. ugh

Keeanh

It makes a noticeable difference. I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow. I have a 04/2011 Monterey with the new guides. I like the placement, but the belt doesn't stay put. I don't get it. Did they not try a prototype in a real car with a real child before manufacturing these seats? I want to like the new seat. It doesn't fall in 2 pieces while carrying it, and the shoulder belt fit is better. But those guides suck.

mlohry

Glad I read this thread! I was considering this exact seat, but my DS sits 3rd row, in guess what...an Ody!

mama2girls

It makes a noticeable difference. I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow. I have a 04/2011 Monterey with the new guides. I like the placement, but the belt doesn't stay put. I don't get it. Did they not try a prototype in a real car with a real child before manufacturing these seats? I want to like the new seat. It doesn't fall in 2 pieces while carrying it, and the shoulder belt fit is better. But those guides suck.

I would love pics! So the SK Monterey's have the new guides from at least April?

soleil

I am in Canada. We will recieve our new 2012 Odyssey in two days. I need to buy new seats soon!

After lots of reading, for our younger two sons, I decided to get two Diono radian RXT (2nd row) and I was going to buy the Diono Monterey for my 7yo in the 3rd row... I liked the protection it seems to offer, the latch and how sturdy and comfortable it looks... But now that I read this...

Should I go with the Parkway SGL? Will it fit correctly in the outboard seat? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC