Question Did I Miss This? Monterey Belt Guides

Phineasmama

Her shoulder :) It seems like it's sitting at just the right position, not too high and not too low. I probably should have taken pics, I can try and get some tomorrow.

I have no idea when they started putting the new guide on, I'd probably try and call Diono and ask, then maybe you can ask around at some different retailers and see if they have any with the newer seats in stock.

ADS

Athena

Her shoulder :) It seems like it's sitting at just the right position, not too high and not too low. I probably should have taken pics, I can try and get some tomorrow.

I have no idea when they started putting the new guide on, I'd probably try and call Diono and ask, then maybe you can ask around at some different retailers and see if they have any with the newer seats in stock.

Sorry for all the questions, but I just want to make sure I understand. Was it fitting more in or out before? For my DD, the problem is boosters fitting too far out on her narrow shoulder, so I'm really hoping that when fixing the retracting, they did not ruin the narrow shoulder fit and that we will finally have found that (almost) perfect seat for us.

I was thinking about calling Diono, but I might just order one anyway. I'll probably order from amazon or diapers.com and they won't know the answer on the phone, but they do have free returns, probably have quick turnover based on the recent DOMs I've received in the past, and hopefully I could get this piece from Diono if needed anyway.

Phineasmama

I don't think it was moved enough to change the narrow shoulder fit. It was moved a little bit but the shape was changed and that is really what helps it retract better :)

Like I said, my DD is super skinny (she's almost 6 years old) and the shoulder belt is positioned perfectly right now with the new belt guide, so I don't think you'll have a problem!

Phineasmama

I noticed that Diapers.com has the tangerine one and I thought that had JUST come out?? Or I didn't even realize it was out yet!

Athena

I don't think it was moved enough to change the narrow shoulder fit. It was moved a little bit but the shape was changed and that is really what helps it retract better :)

Like I said, my DD is super skinny (she's almost 6 years old) and the shoulder belt is positioned perfectly right now with the new belt guide, so I don't think you'll have a problem!

I've run out of thanks/rep, so I'll just have to say it. :) Thanks!!! I think I'm going to have to order one and try it out!

Dmcj13

Baylor said:
New belt guide is awesome. It moves easily and retracts immediately. I've had him move all around and it works perfectly.
ETA. I used it in 2001 grand caravan third row outboard. Belt is just slightly behind seat. I'm going to me it around. See of it works in all positions.
auto correct hates me

Thank you! I will secondly be getting a new one now, in tangerine. It is my favorite booster and I was so sad it didn't work in my van. So glad I don't have tho keep using the big kid when we have to start using the van full time again in march.

abtowell

For those of you who are a little slower on the uptake with no fix it pics, you have to use whatever you use, spatula, ruler, long knife, down the front of the booster not the back. I was driving myself nuts doing on the back instead of the front. My husband came in and asked what I was doing, flipped it over and off it popped. A little frustrating but thought I'd save someone else the same trouble, in case they were having an idiot moment like I was :)

Athena

5/2012? From an initial look, I think I got stuck with one of the doesn't retract properly head pieces. :( Does that sound right based on the date? I was expecting something newer ordering from diapers.com.

Phineasmama

Pretty sure Baylor posted a pic of the newest one, which is the same one I have.

I'd just call Diono and see if they'll send you one. I think they were backordered for a little while and then they just got a bunch in, so we all got them recently :)

Athena

Pretty sure Baylor posted a pic of the newest one, which is the same one I have.

I'd just call Diono and see if they'll send you one. I think they were backordered for a little while and then they just got a bunch in, so we all got them recently :)

Thanks. I think technically I should try it first, both to see if I have the problem and to make sure it will probably fit my DD correctly, but it sounds like maybe I should hurry on that before they run out again. I was going to try it this past weekend, but it was late and hadn't arrived until today.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I just want to report that I have the 'non working belt guides' Monterey AND a new belt guides version (11/2012) and the new one solves ALL the problems in my van. I posted a video about the problems with the older ones (which were their 'new' ones at the time) and I am VERY happy that Diono made this right because ds and I both love that booster and I am happy to be able to use it and recommend it now.

I can take pics/video of the new guides for comparison if needed.

Coleen

CTPDMom

Just to update again:

A couple days of in/out of the car with my 7 to and he's complaining. The belt is able to retract now, bur it is still very hard to pull the belt to get it buckled.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Athena

Oh no! Thanks for letting us know. I am a little worried about how hard buckling boosters in general will be for my DD. (Or how hard it will be when I get stuck reaching over her to do it for her. :eek:) Sometimes, I wish we could stay harnessed forever. :)

TwoPrincesses

I just want to report that I have the 'non working belt guides' Monterey AND a new belt guides version (11/2012) and the new one solves ALL the problems in my van. I posted a video about the problems with the older ones (which were their 'new' ones at the time) and I am VERY happy that Diono made this right because ds and I both love that booster and I am happy to be able to use it and recommend it now.

I can take pics/video of the new guides for comparison if needed.

Coleen

Hi Coleen. Sorry that I'm a little late to the conversation! I just received my Diono Monterey (manufactured in 6/12) and the belt guide is very tight. The seatbelt doesn't retract at all. I'm currently talking to customer service about the issue and hopefully they have a correction. Is that the issue you were having as well? Do you have any videos showing the problem before and after? Or photos?

Thanks so much!

CTPDMom

Hi, sounds like you have one with the older 'new' belt guides...the ones with the most problems.

This is my expert booster rider in his Monterey with the bad belt guides with NO BELT GUIDE IN USE:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/CEFitch/72755d14.mp4

And with the belt guide in use:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/CEFitch/b527cd4a.mp4

The newer one, with the better belt guides I haven't yet taken video of. I initially thought it was all better, and for retraction is IS better, but it is still much harder to buckle than it should be (similar to second video).

I can take a video tomorrow and post it for you.

Jesse535

I just received the Monterey in the mail today, and sadly it has the problematic red belt guides :( i sent them an email, hopefully they'll be able to send me different headrests too! i ordered two, a shadow and a tangerine and both have the same guides.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I just received the Monterey in the mail today, and sadly it has the problematic red belt guides :( i sent them an email, hopefully they'll be able to send me different headrests too! i ordered two, a shadow and a tangerine and both have the same guides.

I received mine in the mail today too and I got the new belt guides. I got blue, but mine did come straight from Diono......

Jesse535

I got a response about my belt guides. They said they just need the serial numbers from the seats and they'll send new ones out! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC