DD's New Seat! - Safety 1st Advance 70 Air +

karina250

We went and got DD's new seat today at Target. (Her MA had to be replaced after we hit a deer.) I narrowed it down to the Advance 70 Air or the MySize. We decided to get the Advance 70 Air because it had a nicer softer cover and a lot more padding. The head wings on the MySize seemed bare and hard compared to the ones on the Advance 70 Air. Only thing is I wish it had the better latch connectors but oh well. I haven't had the chance to install it yet because its late. I am going to install it in the rental car tomorrow. So far I really like it though. Here are a few pictures (sorry we have really poor lighting in our house). The first pic it is on the 2nd slot and the second pic is the top slot. I think she has a lot of growing room. She is currently 22 Months 20 lbs and 30 in. I don't think that the 40" rule will be a big deal for her. I think she will easily make it to 3 RF in this seat. Tomorrow I will take a few pictures of it installed and maybe get a better one of her in it.

ETA: I couldnt find anything in the manual about how long to use the body pillow for. So I assume you can just remove it when you think its time? I tried her in the seat with and without it and I think she looks more comfortable without it.

8ebde450-d6e8-4f6a-85bc-3888541521b6_zps2bbb675d.jpg
72a75bfa-9c67-4ece-873a-46ed37e9fe0b_zpsda63d271.jpg

ADS

karina250

The seat installed really easily in the rental car (2012 Dodge Charger). Turns out they are going to total our van so I hope it will install just as well in whatever we get to replace the van. Overall I'm happy with the seat but there are a few things I wish were better. It would be nice if it had harness covers as they rub DDs neck a bit and I think the grey square below the headrest looks weird. I wish it went behind the cover, but I called customer service and they confirmed that it goes in front of the cover. I think I can live with those things though.

b78a8225-7323-4593-9ad1-21307aacf7b5_zps21f96f05.jpg
ff41b38b-3f52-41e4-b285-5135492e8c64_zps1e499ba4.jpg

Headrest all the way up:
6459d4df-63a0-4e70-8a07-56478b66b660_zps5b5a6a6b.jpg

Square piece I was talking about (this is with the headrest all the way up):
15a40478-194f-429e-8d8d-244033a9683b_zps393d8873.jpg

skylinphoto

Oh my! She's being eated by it! It looks huuuge! Lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Car-Seat.Org

Dorothy

I saw this in Target today and instantly wanted to take one home! (If it weren't for the 40" rfing height limit...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC