Dance bag

amelia222

Any suggestions for a good dance bag for a 5yo? She needs something small enough for her to carry but will fit her ballet and tap stuff along with a lunch bag.

ADS

bubbaray

Adidas Squad Duffle is readily available at the Running Room and on sale. Ebags carries the new model at the same price.

It has a double shoe compartment to keep the tap shoes separate from the ballet slippers

It is easily usable by a 6yo. I would buy "up" in size because you will love the organization

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I got my girls bags at Ivivva. You need to watch their site as sometimes they don't have anything good and then they do and then it's gone fast. Both bags are completely different but have shoe pockets, water bottle pockets, zipped pockets for hair tires, hair pins, etc. They even have an elastic looped at the end of the main zipper to use as a spare elastic when you notice you've got none in your bag. Ha ha.

amelia222

thanks! I was hoping both of you would reply. Second question, where is the best place to order leotards online? DD needs lavender for next year.

bubbaray

Is the leotard studio specific? Ours are.

Anything not studio specific I get at Discount Dance and have them ship to me in Blaine.

Fwiw both my girls have the Adidas bag. DD1 wanted an Ivivva one, then found this one at Fred Meyer two years ago in August. I Got the same one in a different color for DD2 this past fall. Both bags look brand new

I see a LOT of dance bags what with auditions and competitions. The Ivivva ones and Triple Flip (the two most common it seems) have no organization. My kids do 3-4 styles of dance so have lots of shoes to keep organized, different clothing, warmup and then dinner. The Adidas bag is great.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I actually buy both DD1's and DD2's leotards and DD2's shoes locally in store. Every brand fits different and not every style suits every body. DD2's last black leotard (ya black, you'd think any would work), she tried on at least 12 styles and really only one suited her shape, shoulders, etc. If they don't for right, they end up hiking them up or fiddling with the butt, or straps skipping off, etc.

Same with shoes. I can't just order a size up when she outgrows as her foot width has changed over the years. DD1 I can order some of her shoes online as her feet are full grown so I do for pointe shoes as our local store doesn't carry her specific style anyway.

I know people like Discount Dance in the USA and there is another as well in the USA but my mind is blanking on the name. The savings wouldn't be worth it for us unless I was replacing an exact item I already knew worked. Because I'd have to order so many different styles in differing sizes and pay to ship back what didn't work.

I've ordered from two different stores online in Canada and had good service from both. I don't think their prices are anything special but they've had the pointe shoes we needed and they shipped quick when we realized she needed them urgently. I'll find the names in my email and post them later in case you want to take a look.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Our Ivivva bags are very well organized. DD2 does 3 styles of dance right now and DD1 does 6 I think (but some of hers are bare feet, socks or foot undies). Anyway, they both have multiple pockets if they want to separate different styles of shoes and their dance wear.

You just need to keep an eye out as like I said, sometimes what they have isn't good and sometimes it's great. Neither of my girls like to carry duffel bags which is why I kept searching for something else.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
My girls would like that new rounded look better than the prior boxier look. Not sure of they'd like carrying it any better or not. They hated their old duffel style (dance studio had them made and they were decently organized). They aren't even worn out and they both wanted new bags that weren't as "duffelly" to carry. LOL

I actually want that Adidas bag for myself. Would work well for my dance gear and I don't mind duffels.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The Scrunch Bag from Triple Flip sounds good in the description. I haven't seen it IRL though. If you have a Triple Flip you can get to, might be worth checking out (or if they have free return shipping but probably not. Ha ha.) You'd want to make sure the elastic shoes pockets were big enough to hold their shoes when their feet are bigger. :)

I have bag shopping issues and now I'm wanting to order both that new Adidas duffel and the Scrunch bag...I don't need either and neither do my girls!

Wait, wait, the baby needs a bag, right?! She doesn't start dance until September and those bags are bigger than her...but she needs one, right?!

amelia222

Ok, I think I will get the newer style Adidas bag for her. Thanks!

As for dress code, the school's website says lavender tank leotard for pre-primary and primary. They only sell one brand/style at the school store but I see girls with different ones in class so I don't think they're too picky about it.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Girls-Dance-Quilted-Sequin-Ballerina/dp/B0091WCZZG/"]This[/ame] is what Kira uses. It's big enough for all her dance stuff (tap & ballet shoes, leotard & tights), bottle of water & snack, but wouldn't fit a lunch box/bag.

Most of the slightly older girls (7-10 yo) use barrel bags [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Zebra-Dazzle-Duffle-Dancers-Danshuz/dp/B00CVYAKPS/"]like[/ame] [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Bag-Dancin-Ballet-Duffel/dp/B006MXK144/"]these[/ame].

Eva uses a plain black yoga bag from Target (similar to this one). She really wanted space for a water bottle on the outside of her bag.

If the lunch box is important, I'd go with a backpack. I think anything else large enough for a lunch bag is going to be awkward for a 5 yo to carry. Otherwise, I would go small & cheap and plan to replace it in a year or two when she's a little bigger.

kathysr98

I would avoid a bag with a zipper on the main compartment if your dd wears a skirt or tutu. My dd destroyed her first tutu getting it caught in the zipper of her bag. She uses a drawstring bag with a zipper compartment on the bottom now, and has much better luck with it.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Chiffon skirts are fine with zippers. I've always had a zippered bag and plenty of chiffon skirts and never wrecked one. Same with my girls.

I can see how tulle could get caught on a zipper though. Our studios don't allow tutus for class; only for performance. And then we're carrying it separately so it's doesn't get smushed in a dance bag. But would be something to consider if your studio wears tulle to class.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC