Question Cx-5 seeking convertible car seat-help

scr888

WE are looking for a convertible car seat for my 8mo weighs 19 lbs fit in 9mo clothes comfortably. We have a Mazda cx-5 . Money isn't a issue safety and comfort and ease of use is. It will be permanently installed. Also looking for a Lexus es300 but this is just a swat for random use. Any advice is appreciated

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
WE are looking for a convertible car seat for my 8mo weighs 19 lbs fit in 9mo clothes comfortably. We have a Mazda cx-5 . Money isn't a issue safety and comfort and ease of use is. It will be permanently installed. Also looking for a Lexus es300 but this is just a swat for random use. Any advice is appreciated

Hi there! :) I'm not familiar with your vehicle, but some seats to research while waiting for someone with more knowledge to post include the various Britax convertibles (Roundabout, Marathon, Boulevard, Advocate), the Graco My Ride, the Chicco NextFit, the Clek Foonf, the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio, the various Diono Radian models (perhaps with the separately sold Angle Adjuster accessory to get a more upright install in your vehicle), and the Graco My Size/Size4Me/Headwise.

Those seats vary in price and features, but they should all last most kids until 3-4 years old rear-facing and then last forward-facing beyond that. They are all fairly easy to use (some seats like the Britax convertibles are a breeze to install and use, but won't last as long rear-facing as some other seats), and some might have more tricky installs (like the Radian for some people) or may not necessarily be as easy to adjust (like the NextFit for some people), but I think they are a good starting point to look into. :)

Ali

DH has a CX-5 and I haven't found a seat that will install in the center. It's just too narrow. Outboard installs as great, but nothing in the center :(

Ali

At the moment a FR 80 as a booster. We've had just about every booster and a GN and FR 80 harnessed. Convertible wise I know I've tried out a RF MA and an older Evenflo Titan. I also played with a Keyfit back there just for fun.

Clek CPST

I have pictures of a Foonf installed rf'ing and ff'ing in the center position of a 2013 CX-5. You're welcome to email me through the forum if you'd like me to email you a few pictures.

J

Jenele220

What seat did you end up getting? Also having a hard time fitting seat in my XX-5!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC