Cowmoo original PW on CL...

Brigala

CPST Instructor
... nothing has ever tempted me to throw caution to the wind as much as seeing an original parkway with a cowmoo cover on Craigslist.

*sigh*

You have no idea how badly I want an armless booster for my Civic. And cowmoo. Ug.

Just venting. I'm NOT going to buy a used car seat from a stranger. Not even a booster. And frankly they're asking more than I'd want to spend right now ($65).

But, man. Cowmoo parkway. Really? It just makes me so sad to see it sitting there...

ADS

thepote

Yeah, the original parkway was one of the only seats I was sad about it expiring. It was so easy for ds3 to buckle and position the belts correctly. And then I went and replaced it with a vivo... With one of the worst belt paths in history :rolleyes:

NVMBR02

I love my original parkway. I think I have one of the last ones, it expires in Dec. I am going to cry when it does. I love that booster.

mominabigtruck

I have 2 UK britax evolva 2-3s, which are parkways but with no expiration. They were given to me by someone who travels a lot and I will love her forever. I just bought new covers for them and I will probably use them for another 3-4 years until I get a new van with latch.

thepote

I have 2 UK britax evolva 2-3s, which are parkways but with no expiration. They were given to me by someone who travels a lot and I will love her forever. I just bought new covers for them and I will probably use them for another 3-4 years until I get a new van with latch.

Oh wow! Those last-forever boosters are such an enigma. :p

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Oh wow! Those last-forever boosters are such an enigma. :p

I wish boosters wouldn't expire, or at least not as quickly as other things. The reality is that boosters don't have as many things to "go wrong" as a harnessed seat. I'm a lot less squeamish about a "gently expired" or used booster if it's still in good condition. That doesn't mean I'd go so far as to actually buy/use an expired or used booster, but if a friend did it I probably wouldn't feel the need to issue dire warnings and tell them they were putting their child in mortal danger.

Well, unless it's the 1990's era Brevera in booster mode or the shield booster that my friend/neighbor was using until a couple of years ago when I bought her a Turbo made her promise to put the old ones in the trash. :p

Jessica61624

I wish boosters wouldn't expire, or at least not as quickly as other things. The reality is that boosters don't have as many things to "go wrong" as a harnessed seat. I'm a lot less squeamish about a "gently expired" or used booster if it's still in good condition. That doesn't mean I'd go so far as to actually buy/use an expired or used booster, but if a friend did it I probably wouldn't feel the need to issue dire warnings and tell them they were putting their child in mortal danger.

Well, unless it's the 1990's era Brevera in booster mode or the shield booster that my friend/neighbor was using until a couple of years ago when I bought her a Turbo made her promise to put the old ones in the trash. :p

Yeah that! I think booster exp are some what a joke.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC