Convertibles to use from birth?

Mae

I have a friend who wants to use a convertible from birth. I'm so out of the loop now-a-days. :eek:

Can somebody give me a good list?

I know:

CCO
TF/TFP

What else? :eek:

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
First Years True Fit, Combi Coccoro, the Britax seats will require the infant positioning wedge, but they do work.

Wendy

Stelvis

I've said it before but my newborn (7 lb 7 oz) had a frighteningly bad fit in the TFP. Like, the straps are so wide set you could pull her whole torso up and out of it with the straps all the way tight. She fit great in the Boulevard with infant foam.

Phineasmama

Yeah I really didn't like the noob fit in the True Fit either but other people seem to love it. And I had a 10 lb baby who is still built like a linebacker :confused:

Stelvis

Yeah, even now I am not crazy with how wide set the straps are on her. One of the reasons it's sitting in the basement.

And I will say a big noob like 8.5+ lbs would likely not even need the foam with the Britax. That lowest position is pretty low. You'd just have to take the HUGS off.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I had a 7-something at discharge newborn who fit in the tfp like a dream. Better than her sr22 so we used her brothers tfp.

Phineasmama

Must have something to do with shoulder width?

See I just don't get it, my DD (the 10 lb one!) her shoulders were the widest part of her! She's a total beefcake. I felt like the straps were too wide when she was even a couple months old. Couldn't get a good fit with or without the infant insert. I let the in-laws drive the van once and she came back with the straps basically hanging off her shoulders because they didn't painstakingly adjust it every time. But it seems to fit other peoples kids fine, so idk.

Stelvis

See I just don't get it, my DD (the 10 lb one!) her shoulders were the widest part of her! She's a total beefcake. I felt like the straps were too wide when she was even a couple months old. Couldn't get a good fit with or without the infant insert. I let the in-laws drive the van once and she came back with the straps basically hanging off her shoulders because they didn't painstakingly adjust it every time. But it seems to fit other peoples kids fine, so idk.

Yeah, it's a mystery to me also.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
There's apparently a new version of the MySize/Size4Me called the Headwise 70. It has Safety Surround headwings, a bulked up infant insert, and is rated from 4 lbs. instead of 5. http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=headwise+70&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories

The Size4Me/My Size start at four pounds. Always has. I think everything rear facing that Graco makes now starts at four pounds. They shifted over the past year or so. The Snugride 30 has always been four, but the 35 came out with a "new" version that was from four. The My Ride switched to four (I believe all the new My Ride 70s are four). The Size4Me is four (the name is actually really clever. Size4Me 70. From 4-70 pounds). The Classic Ride is four. Their new click connects are from four.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC