Convertible Seats for Ford Explorer

CuddlyMonsters

A friend of mine is moving her kiddo from an infant seat into a convertible seat. She will have to install it into the same row as a Chicco Keyfit. She will be folding one of the seats down to allow access to the 3rd row.

Her price range is $179-$279, but nothing over $300. She would like to ERF as long as possible.

Any suggestions on what seats she should look at?

I already suggested the following:
Graco MyRide
Graco Size 4 Me/Headwise/My Size
Diono Radian
Britax Seats?

Is there any other seats that she should put on her list to look into?

ADS

cso1997

Honestly, it is pretty hard to install two seats on the 60 part and still be able to fold the seat down to get to the third row. I used to say it is impossible but I think that someone was able to make it work. I remember a Radian being involved. Sorry I can't be of more help. We love our Explorer but it isn't all that car seat friendly.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
If you want to be able to fold the 40 side down, IME you will have to have a rear facing Radian in the center. That is my set up and it works as long as there are not inflatable seat belts present because that version has a slightly different bench.

I haven't found my Explorer to not be car seat friendly. Maybe I had the right seats for it when I bought it? Either way, I love my car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC