Convertible recs please!

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
I'm replacing our Myride. I'm tired of this crap.

Trace is 22lbs, 29inches tall I think, RF in an 05 Ody.

What would you get? I'm not a huge fan of Diono or Dorel either. Budget- not a foonf, but other than that I can make it happen.

ADS

YinzerMama

Yes the new pads are like fluffy little clouds vs. stiff horrid hair-yankers. They have said you can remove the pads from the old and use without but my son hated the seat with no pads. They have also said you would be able to buy the new pads but as of about a month ago they only had one color for sale. I have read of people calling chicco who just bought the seat with the old pads and buckle and chicco sending the new ones free but I had no such luck - the new buckle is $15 plus shipping, the new pads in the color I needed were not yet available, if they were they would have been $5, but then there is tax and shipping, so you're looking at in the end about $30 to upgrade a brand new seat, which I think is kind of nuts. I got one from BRU in the trade in (I looooove the Pulse) and I got a studio from Albeebaby when they were doing 20% off, figuring they probably move stock fast because of their prices - and it was a Nov date so, very happy. They make a WORLD of difference.

I am keeping a radian around in case the nextfit proves to be too close quarters as my son gets older but at going on 3 he fits like the seat was custom made for him. He loves it. And you can't beat the install with latch. I am amazed every time I pull that super cinch strap. They did something magical there. I am also able, with brave effort, to remove the whole shebang from the van if he falls asleep 5- it is round and slippery to grab but it stands up no matter where you put it down so that is nice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC