comparison pics of old vs. new (MA/MA65 & Frontier)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Are there comparison pics somewhere that compare the MA and the MA 65? <--- Canadian MA65 if that makes a difference, wondering if it is the 70 in the US. Does the MA 65 last longer in harness height? Or is there pretty much the same room in both seats?
I'm also curious to know if there are comparison pics of the old Frontier vs the new ones?

ADS

Mommy0608

I have a picture of the old Frontier, new Frontier (FR85) and the Regent side by side (in that order, left to right). I realize you're in Canada and these are US seats, but thought it might be helpful. I don't know if the Canadian Frontiers are the same as the US models though.

Both Frontiers in this picture are adjusted to the highest harness position for comparison.

FrontierFrontier85Regent.jpg

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Thanks so much!
Is there any difference front to back in the leg area between the old and new frontiers?

Mommy0608

Thanks so much!
Is there any difference front to back in the leg area between the old and new frontiers?

I'm not sure actually. I didn't measure them. I don't have the old model any more, so I can't check. They are very similar though, if not the same.

#1babysitter

How tall is the highest harness lot on the Regent? Is it the same as the highest on the new Frontier? I have the old Frontier and am wondering if the Regent's highest slots are higher.

Mommy0608

How tall is the highest harness lot on the Regent? Is it the same as the highest on the new Frontier? I have the old Frontier and am wondering if the Regent's highest slots are higher.

They are very similar, probably within 1/2" of each other. I don't remember for sure which is higher, but I *think* the FR85 is just a smidge higher. The FR85 measures about 19.5"-20" at the max harness height.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I had a big thread comparing my 4 year old in the new MA (in the store) vs. how he fit in his current MA (installed in my car). I can't find the thread though as I think it got purged but if you are interested I can easily repost the pictures for you.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I had a big thread comparing my 4 year old in the new MA (in the store) vs. how he fit in his current MA (installed in my car). I can't find the thread though as I think it got purged but if you are interested I can easily repost the pictures for you.

I would love it if you would :love:

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Sorry there are a lot of photos and he fell asleep on our way home so the comparison pics suck. But if I remember correctly he had more height room in the MA70 and he fit really nicely in it.

ma70012.jpg

ma70035.jpg

ma70013.jpg

ma70039.jpg

ma70015.jpg

ma70023.jpg

ma70042.jpg

ma70034.jpg

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Danielle thanks for the pictures! They were great. Is the MA65 one you would buy if you need to replace a seat?

Hey Jewels! Long time no see :)
Here's a good comparison of the FR's that Darren did... http://carseatblog.com/5751/britax-frontier-85-review-its-all-new-is-it-for-you/

And here's part 1 of a massive Marathon review here... http://carseatblog.com/6494/britax-marathon-70-review-part-i/ (links to parts two and three are in there).

Yes, i'm still around just don't post often or look at EVERYTHING.
Thanks for the link. Now i'm even more confused. I can easily tell anyone else what seat will work great for them but when I need to I can't decide. I need to replace a RN and the only thing keeping me from getting another one is how low it sits and how high our windows are. DD can't see out of them. I really don't need a combination seat but then I don't really need a convertible either. I keep coming back to the MA65 because my original MA was and still is my most favorite seat. What do you think? In the RN she is in the 2nd from the top slots.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
If I were to replace his seat he would get a Frontier 85 (I am actually buying him one at the end of this month) but when I need a convertible for this new baby the MA70 would definitely be on the list.:thumbsup:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
If I were to replace his seat he would get a Frontier 85 (I am actually buying him one at the end of this month) but when I need a convertible for this new baby the MA70 would definitely be on the list.:thumbsup:

see and that doesn't help. I don't need a convertible and I don't need a combo seat either. I just need a seat that FF.
Thanks for all your help, he is a cutie!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Danielle thanks for the pictures! They were great. Is the MA65 one you would buy if you need to replace a seat?

Yes, i'm still around just don't post often or look at EVERYTHING.
Thanks for the link. Now i'm even more confused. I can easily tell anyone else what seat will work great for them but when I need to I can't decide. I need to replace a RN and the only thing keeping me from getting another one is how low it sits and how high our windows are. DD can't see out of them. I really don't need a combination seat but then I don't really need a convertible either. I keep coming back to the MA65 because my original MA was and still is my most favorite seat. What do you think? In the RN she is in the 2nd from the top slots.

Huh... looking out the window... not sure the FR's any taller. My kids have never complained about not being able to see out the window, though, maybe it's our car, I guess?
Thinking the Complete Air would sit pretty low an has literal blinders on it for head protection, it might not be a big hit :eek:. I utterly adore the new Britaxes, so if I had the need, I might even be tempted to get one just for a couple years, too....

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Frontier 85 is taller, and Regents are long discontinued.... So that probably helps make that decision :)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Huh... looking out the window... not sure the FR's any taller. My kids have never complained about not being able to see out the window, though, maybe it's our car, I guess?
Thinking the Complete Air would sit pretty low an has literal blinders on it for head protection, it might not be a big hit :eek:. I utterly adore the new Britaxes, so if I had the need, I might even be tempted to get one just for a couple years, too....

so I wouldn't be crazy if I got a MA :whistle:
I was leaning towards a Frontier but I know it is a big seat and will take up a lot of room and then it is really big to be lugging through an airport. I just think that the MA's are so comfy cozy looking and are so nice to install. I could just a RN again but I know she really strains to look out the window and the RN top slots are only apparently .25" higher then the new MA's which isn't a huge difference. When seating in a GN installed in the vehicle she was right at the 2nd to bottom slots.

cpsaddict

FWIW, I adore my Marathon 70. I have an old and new. The old slipped a little for me because the new one has the most buttery smooth harness adjuster. Very similar to the old RA's. If I had the money, I would replace my Scenera with a new Britax and maybe even replace the old Marathon with a new one.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
FWIW, I adore my Marathon 70. I have an old and new. The old slipped a little for me because the new one has the most buttery smooth harness adjuster. Very similar to the old RA's. If I had the money, I would replace my Scenera with a new Britax and maybe even replace the old Marathon with a new one.

Thanks. At times i'm leaning towards the MA65 but then I worry that she won't make it until booster age so i'm wondering if that is the right choice. She has a short torso and should have about 3.5" of harness height left but I want her to get at least 3yrs out of the seat. Her torso is roughly 11".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mom2121

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2021 Carseat Media LLC