Comfy Boosters

jacqui276

DD lately has been complaining the her booster seats are not super comfy to sit on and make her bum numb sometimes. The least uncomfy is the turbo booster, but she still complains about it.

Are there any backless boosters other than the Clek ones that have some extra cushioning to them and aren't just a strip of fabric over plastic (and are available in Canada)? If I were to buy her an olli or something, do 64lbs 4'4" kids generally fit ok in them? Her TB fits beautifully but I'm willing to splurge and buy her something new since she will be stuck in a booster for a couple more years.

ADS

christineka

Generally, comfort for a big kid includes leg support. The clek seats are greatly lacking in that area. Not sure what is available in Canada, though I do know Harmony is a Canadian company... The harmony transit deluxe is a big kid booster with a thick comfort pad. The cruz is a deep seat. The eddie bauer auto booster is wide, deep, and has a pad on it. The think the transit deluxe seems the most padded of all boosters.

Nimommyof2

I'll check later but I thought my son's parkway has padding.

ETA: I just realized backless, unless you wanted a parkway with no back but thats a bit pricey. Sorry I don't know much about the backless ones from what I've seen it doesn't seem like we have much of a selection. Maybe the Canadian tire brand

jacqui276

The Harmony website says that we have the cruz in Canada but I have never seen it here and when I search a retailer nearby it comes up with no results. The transit deluxe is not available here.

The Diono website doesn't show the santa fe being available in Canada but it is listed on amazon.ca (out of stock) so is it available here now?

I don't think that we have either of the eddie bauer booster seats here.

I was worried about the leg support in the clek seats as well.

canadiangie

What about one of the clearance Parkways ($86?) from Snugglebugz? You could use it backless.

It has a 1 inch thick piece of foam. Pm me if you want a texted pic of it.

tiggercat

My son used an olli until he 5 stepped (11yo) in his father's car and said it was super comfy despite the lack of leg support.
Megan complains sometimes in her turbo, but I think it has more to do with the fact that everything is frozen and hard unless we're on a drive long enough to thaw the seats.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Chila88

Wow! That PW padding is awesome!

Does the PW fit tall skinnies well? And anyone happen to have any experience with it 3rd row in an '04-'10 Sienna? Just worried about the belt retracting well....

jacqui276

Ooh I like the looks of that PW padding! Thanks for letting me know about the sale too Angie! For the price I may buy one. How many years are they good for? It would be nice if it had a lifespan long enough that I could use the back for DS someday. I would imagine that DD will be 5 stepping by the time DS is in a booster.

What is up with these? [ame="http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B009WNO91W/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=baby"]Diono Santa Fe Booster Seats, Purple/1-Pack: Amazon.ca: Baby[/ame]
Does that mean we are getting them soon?

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Ooh I like the looks of that PW padding! Thanks for letting me know about the sale too Angie! For the price I may buy one. How many years are they good for? It would be nice if it had a lifespan long enough that I could use the back for DS someday. I would imagine that DD will be 5 stepping by the time DS is in a booster.

What is up with these? Diono Santa Fe Booster Seats, Purple/1-Pack: Amazon.ca: Baby
Does that mean we are getting them soon?

The Parkway is good for 6 years. Some of those sale ones have 2010 DOMs on them but call Snugglebugz and ask, as I think some people have gotten newer ones. The sale price is only on the pink and blue, if that matters.

and SWEET about the Santa Fe! The product description is of a Monterey, but I do believe the Santa Fe is just the bottom part of a Monterey, so the belt fit ought to be good. If they're branded Diono they should be coming...YAY!

jacqui276

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Now I need to decide if I go for the parkway or cross my fingers that this santa fe is stocked at some point in the semi near future by amazon. If I won't get high back life out of the parkway, it might make more sense to just get the santa fe. I e-mailed Diono asking about it, so hopefully I hear something back soon (before the PW sale ends).

Does anyone have photos of what it looks like under the cover of the santa fe? :)

Pixelated

I believe it's the bottom of a Monterey - so anyone with a Monterey should be able to answer that for you. Not me though, sorry!

tiggercat

I believe it's the bottom of a Monterey - so anyone with a Monterey should be able to answer that for you. Not me though, sorry!

I couldn't get the pin on the side off, but I slipped the armrest cover off of my SSK Monterey, and this is what it looks like.
The white stuff is a bit squishy, the beige is the padded underneath of the cover, it has a flap so the butt area is double padded.
I'll go check out the Diono to see if it is the same :D. Yup, Diono is the same.

Last edited:

jacqui276

I couldn't get the pin on the side off, but I slipped the armrest cover off of my SSK Monterey, and this is what it looks like.
The white stuff is a bit squishy, the beige is the padded underneath of the cover, it has a flap so the butt area is double padded.
I'll go check out the Diono to see if it is the same :D. Yup, Diono is the same.

Awesome, thanks for the photo!

jacqui276

Just wanted to update that this is the response I got about the santa fe from diono:

Thank you for your interest in the Sante Fe. We still are not 100 % sure if we ae bringing this into Canada at this point. Please check back within the month as we may have a definitive answer at that point

Pixelated

Well that's bizarre because now it shows as available on Amazon.ca. I haven't tried to order it mind you...hey Jacqui how about you give it a try?!

[ame="http://www.amazon.ca/Diono-Santa-Booster-Purple-1-Pack/dp/B009WNO91W/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1360646537&sr=1-1"]Diono Santa Fe Booster Seats, Purple/1-Pack: Amazon.ca: Baby[/ame]

Pixelated

I asked too, and included the Amazon link, and here's what I got back:

We did have plans bring the sante fe into Canada. Just the other day the decision was made not to bring it in.

So I'm really curious what will happen with your order! :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC