Vent Combi Strollee

mommaon112903

*That should NOT say Vent...stupid computer :p*

Anyone know anything about these?

http://www.strollers.com/Combi-2450-CBI1397.html

We *might* need something for our trip to WDW in less than 2 months due to Josef's health. I have looked at renting something and came across the above today-it would be cheaper than renting and I could pass it down to my sister then.

Josef is down to 48lbs and is 47" tall, with a long torso (he has practically outgrown the FN85), so we do need something tall.

This would primarly be used for breaks from walking or late at night. DH is a tall man, with a long torso, so high handles would be nice as well.

We do not need a huge basket, I will be taking a backpack with all of Josef's essentials in it.

Thanks for any insight!

ADS

Kegracin

I have a double combi and I dont like it...it doesnt seem very sturdy and my kids are less then 25lbs.

What about a Maclaren volo http://cgi.ebay.com/Maclaren-Volo-F...260638449478?pt=Strollers&hash=item3caf431f46

I had my niece in my triumph she was probably the same size as your son at the time and it pushed like a dream. I've been told the volo is same just doesnt have the recline the triumph has. There is a green triumph at that store for 110.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The Volo has no recline, but if you just need it for little breaks here and there for an older kid, it would probably be fine. Maclarens push like a dream.

If you just need it for this one trip, check craigslist for a used one.

I don't have any experience with the stroller you asked about (or most others, for that matter).

mommaon112903

It is less than $100 to rent for 8 days, so it would have to be less than that for us to purchase.

I hate to even admit it, but this will have to be on the credit card. Disney is payed off but due to Josef's health extras are not something in the budget. Craigslist is out due to not having cash.

I will keep looking and since I have found it on diapers.com I may go ahead and order it since they have free return shipping.

mom2juliarose

I'm not sure a Combi would work for his age/size because Combis tend to be kind of short. I can't imagine an almost 7-year-old in one...

ETA: And if your DH is tall and needs high handles, I'd also veto the Combi. Again, they tend to be short.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I have a Combi stroller (not this one but similar). I quite like mine but only for shorter walks and I don't think I've ever put a kid that weighs more than about 30 pounds in it. It can get tippy plus be hard to push, especially with more weight.
Does anyone on your local CL have one listed? Could you go "try it" to see if it might work? Then you can say "ok, thanks, I have to talk to dh OR oh, it looks like this won't work for what we need, thanks anyway"
Then go home and order the one online if you think it will work.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Another thing to consider: are you likely to need the stroller for all eight days of your trip? Do you have your schedule jam-packed where you cant take breaks, or can you afford to sit down for 15 minutes now and then? Will you always have late nights, or is it an occasional thing?

You might want to consider just renting a stroller for the longer days. Those strollers are expensive, but they're great for big kids.

I don't know what kind of health problems your son is dealing with, though.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Another thing to consider: are you likely to need the stroller for all eight days of your trip? Do you have your schedule jam-packed where you cant take breaks, or can you afford to sit down for 15 minutes now and then? Will you always have late nights, or is it an occasional thing?

You might want to consider just renting a stroller for the longer days. Those strollers are expensive, but they're great for big kids.

I don't know what kind of health problems your son is dealing with, though.

:yeahthat:

Or, you can rent a wheelchair for him-- I think they might be cheaper (can't remember) and you'll get to go to the front of the lines... If he has issues with standing/walking for a long time, be aware that if you use a stroller for him, he'll still have to stand in line for a long time sometimes.

dragonfly8

I bought a 2005 (I think) Combi Strollee from someone on kijiji for $10. Yep, $10!!! I love it! My going on 5 yr old (who has a medical problem) sits in it when we're in the ER and it's painful for him to walk, with room to spare.

It's lightweight, mine has a carrying strap on it too.

If you can grab one, do it!

mommaon112903

The stroller we would rent isn't a hard plastic one that Disney rents out and it is much cheaper also. I can't belive how much Disney charges! The company we would go thru rents the Baby Jogger City classic out.

Josef is having a lot of GI troubles that have left him losing *a lot* of weight recently and when the pain hits it is so severe that only rx pain meds help. It would be nice if the stroller layed down, so he could rest while we walk from place to place. Of course we hope to have more answers and meds on board that keep him from having another flare up, but I want to be prepared.

We do have dinner reservations while we are down there, two on his birthday (Chef Mickey's and the Coral Reef) the other days is just one per day. We will also be attending Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party as well. We leave the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so the crowds should be low. We were there a week after Thanksgiving almost 2 years ago and had nice, low crowds.

We would most likely not have it the day we arrive and the day we leave. So that leaves 6 days that we could need one. The longest day will be the night of the Christmas party, but also his birthday is packed. All of this was planned though before this summer, when he started having such severe problems.

Does diapers.com offer 10% off for new customers still?

would you like to borrow my City Mini? it is immaculate. .. I can more than live without it for a week and I live on Disney property so it's absolutely not a big deal. save your money, especially if you won't be using it after the trip. I have a Pliko too but for his age/size the Mini would work best. I exclusively use it in the Parks and it's wonderful. We were pushing an 8 year old in it last week at Night Of Joy and he was comfortable . :)

Melanie

would you like to borrow my City Mini? it is immaculate. .. I can more than live without it for a week and I live on Disney property so it's absolutely not a big deal. save your money, especially if you won't be using it after the trip. I have a Pliko too but for his age/size the Mini would work best. I exclusively use it in the Parks and it's wonderful. We were pushing an 8 year old in it last week at Night Of Joy and he was comfortable . :)

DisneyWorldNanny-just want to say you are awesome. I'm sure good karma is coming your way :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC