Climbing into a rfing seat on a captain's chair...

soph's mom

FWIW the main reasons we ruled out the caravan are because we wanted an 8 seater and more trunk space. I have rented a few over the years. The 3rd row has that crazy incline in some years but otherwise all around I can't imagine speaking ill of someone who was going to buy one. Every van out there has one quirk or another.

Thanks! I know I came off as defensive but I had just read and reread all of the threads telling people to avoid them and go for the Hondas and toyotas instead. :p

And thanks to everyone else for the answers!

Stairs pics would be neat too for everyone who loads from the rear!

ADS

daniele_ut

soph's mom said:
Thanks! I know I came off as defensive but I had just read and reread all of the threads telling people to avoid them and go for the Hondas and toyotas instead. :p

And thanks to everyone else for the answers!

Stairs pics would be neat too for everyone who loads from the rear!

I read all of those too and we still bought a 2010 Grand Caravan. We just couldn't afford a newer Honda and dh didn't want a Toyota. It has been perfect for our family of 5, honestly. It would be really hard for me to give up the Stow 'n Go seats if we ever sold it for a different van. Our transmission did go out while it was still under warranty but it was fixed promptly and we haven't had any issues with it since.

mairep

My DS learned how to climb into his RF radian in a captain's chair about 6 months ago at the age of 2 1/2. I was pregnant with his sister and it was getting difficult for me to lift him (plus, he loved doing it all by himself). At first, he needed to use my foot as a step (ouch!), but he soon figured out how to pull himself up. I think it helps that the Radian has such a low profile. Now that I am loading two kids into the car, it is super helpful that he can get into his seat without my help!

bnsnyde

The inflatable stairs SAVED MY LIFE for 3rd row. They are for pets. Totally soft so I feel safe. Plus they wedge in so are unlikely to fly about anyway.
I just need to add air every now and then.
Amazon was where I found them.

Upload of file failed. Why? I can't load my pic!

soph's mom

Thanks everyone for the replies! She wants to ride in the third row now... Ugh... That's where I wanted to keep the daycare seats... I had her rfing in one captains chair, the other one stowed and the two sceneras for daycare kids in the back.

The seat belts back there do take some getting used to to keep the seats from being tippy. I will have to take one scenera out soon anyway bc one kid is close to 40 lbs. I haven't tried the funky latch back there bc I want the space in between the seats so each child can climb into their seat.

I'm tempted to try three radians back there just to see if I can get them in. I would've already done it but I hate moving those heavy things around...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC