Clek Oobr after Frontier 90 harness? And another booster question

A

Anon

I'll be honest here, I want a Clek Oobr for the Tokidoki print lol! But I'm wondering if we will get much use out of it? My 10yo(78lbs) is just outgrowing the height of the harness in his Frontier 90. I can't remember what the sitting height is for that seat in harness mode. Would we get much use from an Oobr's sitting height in seatbelt mode?

My other question is I need to get a dedicated lightweight HBB for my mom and brother to share. What would be an ideal option knowing he's just outgrowing the harness height as I mentioned above? I generally would have gotten a Parkway but I see they discontinued that seat. It was light and tall, best I can remember.

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'll be honest here, I want a Clek Oobr for the Tokidoki print lol! But I'm wondering if we will get much use out of it? My 10yo(78lbs) is just outgrowing the height of the harness in his Frontier 90. I can't remember what the sitting height is for that seat in harness mode. Would we get much use from an Oobr's sitting height in seatbelt mode?

My other question is I need to get a dedicated lightweight HBB for my mom and brother to share. What would be an ideal option knowing he's just outgrowing the harness height as I mentioned above? I generally would have gotten a Parkway but I see they discontinued that seat. It was light and tall, best I can remember.
The Oobr has a pretty tall shoulder belt guide, but the seat pan is pretty short, so bigger kids tend to find it uncomfortable in the legs—something to consider.

Lightweight HBBs, let me think. What features do you want? The Britax Skyline (https://amzn.to/37aWVqC) is pretty decently lightweight and tall, plus it has LATCH. If you want luxury, there's the Nuna AACE (https://fave.co/32TbLTc).

All of these seats can be converted to backless mode, including the Oobr. There's nothing to show that a HBB is safer than a backless, especially if you have side curtain airbags in your car. The wings are certainly nice for a sleeper!

A

Anon

Lightweight HBBs, let me think. What features do you want?
Mostly just really lightweight and easy for my 10yo to use on his own without help. I stopped by Target to look at the Chicco Kidfit and I liked that the sides of the seat raised with the headrest instead of just the headrest raising like the Turbo booster next to it did. It seemed taller than the Turbo booster as well. The Britax one looked a bit heavy from pictures, no idea how big it actually is. We don't have LATCH in grandma's car though, so the seat won't stay in there all the time, only when he is riding in it.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Mostly just really lightweight and easy for my 10yo to use on his own without help. I stopped by Target to look at the Chicco Kidfit and I liked that the sides of the seat raised with the headrest instead of just the headrest raising like the Turbo booster next to it did. It seemed taller than the Turbo booster as well. The Britax one looked a bit heavy from pictures, no idea how big it actually is. We don't have LATCH in grandma's car though, so the seat won't stay in there all the time, only when he is riding in it.
The KidFit might be just a little taller than the Turbo and leads the pack in terms of comfort. Neither is as tall as the Britax, which weighs about 12 lbs. The TurboBooster Stretch is tall, as I recall, about like the Britax: https://fave.co/330Rmvd. They're all about the same weight except for the basic Turbo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waltsa

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC