Clek Foonf

newmommy929

Ok...so I have about had it with my Britax Seats and am thinking about getting some Clek Foonfs. What does everyone think about them? Pros and cons...everything...are there any pictures anywhere that show instalation RF and FF? Thanks!

ADS

cowgirlsmommy

I have no complaints. It's my favorite convertible. It looks huge but fits very easily in both of our vehicles. It's a super easy install and my 3yr old has plenty of room rf'ing.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130608_094824.png
    ForumRunner_20130608_094824.png
    239 KB · Views: 120

newmommy929

You said it looks huge, which it kinda does, but how do you think it compares to the Britax seats related to size? The bottom part that is on the seat, is that on there at all time? Your 3yo, how big is he/she as in size? You dont think they feel/look to squished? What vehicle do you have? We have a Honda Odyssey 2011, and if I got these seats they would be in one of the captains chairs and in the back, both RF. Do you think it sits up high and obstructs your view?

creideamh

I know people love them, but I hate mine. It's great FF, but there's too many things I hate about it RF:
-It sits so high up that I can't see around it (yes, the base has to be attached at all times.)
-I have to squeeze DD into a little gap by the door and even when she's finally in the seat, she can't adjust without hunching over because otherwise her head is on the roof. And she's only 2.5 and 36in. I can't imagine her at 43" or whatever the RF height limit is trying to get in there.
-Getting it ready to install (attaching the base, anti-rebound bar + locking pins, removing the seat cover to access LATCH/lock offs, etc) was hideous. It took me AND my father at least 30 min, and that was after I watched the videos, read the manual, and researched all the tips and tricks.

Things I liked RF:
-Leg room was pretty good.
-Rebound control.
-Headrest area is designed so it doesn't usually contact the front seat.
That's it. I was never a big Radian fan, but I would take them over the Foonf any day of the week. It literally spent 10 minutes in my car RF before I turned around and took it out.

We've had the Britax convertibles as well, and they're so superior to the Foonf in ease of use, IMO. I also never slammed my kid's head into the door or roof in them. I have a Prius, which really is not a small car, but maybe I'd feel differently if I drove a minivan.

HTH. I honestly love it as a FF seat, but man, I just feel like they took a step forward with the 50lb limit and two giant steps back with how high it sits and all the extra pieces.

ETA- attached pic.

Attachments

• image-3646146300.jpg
    image-3646146300.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 154

bnsnyde

We have the 2011 Odyssey and I could not consider the Foonf because of blocked vision. I really value as much visibility as possible.

If it sat lower? Maybe I'd give it a try. Our Radians are so low, so they are easy to see around!

We have a Britax Advocate RF in the third row now, which works great.

cowgirlsmommy

You said it looks huge, which it kinda does, but how do you think it compares to the Britax seats related to size? The bottom part that is on the seat, is that on there at all time? Your 3yo, how big is he/she as in size? You dont think they feel/look to squished? What vehicle do you have? We have a Honda Odyssey 2011, and if I got these seats they would be in one of the captains chairs and in the back, both RF. Do you think it sits up high and obstructs your view?

I have a 2009 dodge grand caravan. I've also had the foonf in our 2004 hyundai elantra. Front to back, it fits just as easily as our britax convertibles did. It fit even better than our true fit premier. It doesn't obstruct my view more than any other seat really. My older dd's frontier blocks more than the foonf. Yes, the base must be on the foonf when it is rf'ing. My 3yr old is 32lbs and around 34 in.

cso1997

I have a 2013 Odyssey and the Foonf is awesome. I have it on the passenger side and it only blocks my view out that window just like every other seat. There is plenty of room to get my two year old in and she is no where near the roof. It installs in seconds with LATCH.

It would probably install just fine in the back. If you put it outboard, I don't believe it would obstruct your view anymore than any other seat or a person sitting back there. The vehicle headrests are huge already.

What's wrong with your Britax seats though? We've always liked those too.

Kel

Since you asked about RF and FF, I thought I'd mention that the RNs top slots are a little taller for FFing. I'm not sure by how much, but when I checked out the two seats, I though I'd rather have a little taller top slots than the Foonf had.

I also don't thing the headrest cover comes off. I like to wash mine, so we went with a RN. My 3yr old seems to really like it.

kaharris83

I've had the Foonf for a few weeks now. I like it. I don't love it, like I love my NextFit but the Foonf is ok. Before the Foonf I had the NextFit and before the NextFit I had a Britax Boulevard 70-G3 and before that the Britax Marathon 70 and before that the Radian XTSL. I have no love for Britax seats. The Foonf is big but it doesn't block my view at all I was expecting it would since it is so big but I was pleasantly surprised to find in my Pilot it is a non-issue. My DS1 is 38" tall at 3yo almost and he's got plenty of legroom in the Foonf. It isn't hard to get him in, he climbs in by himself quite easily too when he wants too. I love the NextFit more than the foonf though but my DH stole mine since DS1 has outgrown the Britax so I was left with the Foonf. DS1 prefers his "brown comfy seat"(NextFit) too but the Foonf is growing on him I think.

I just couldn't bring myself to trust Sunshine Kids/Diono after the LATCH debacle so even though I liked the Radian I wasn't comfortable putting my DS1s life in their hands.

Here's some pictures of the NextFit, CCO, and Foon in my Pilot.

IMG_0261_zpsb86e3cb5.jpg

IMG_0258_zpsc6f7b143.jpg

IMG_0256_zps28be5336.jpg

creideamh

See, I think I'd like it more if I had a big car and DD could climb in herself. I sooooo wanted to love it. Clek is such a great company!

Rebekah

I just couldn't bring myself to trust Sunshine Kids/Diono after the LATCH debacle so even though I liked the Radian I wasn't comfortable putting my DS1s life in their hands.

What is this about? I am new-ish to the car seat world, so I haven't learned about all of the companies' dirty pasts. I also have an RXT, so I'd like to know if there is something that I should watch out for.

newmommy929

Just got the foonf and my dd is saying her rear hurts. Anyone else feel like there isn't much padding?

I was just going to ask this very same question. What is everyone's experience with this? It definately seems harder compared to the Britax's I have.

I also have a couple other questions...
1.) What are you thoughts on how high it sits up? Does it bother you (in forms of visability and the look, etc)? Does your child like it and then they can see outside better, etc?

2.) For those who also have experience with the Radians (they obviouisly sit MUCH lower), does your child seem to like one over the other? I am curious as to this, as the Radians sit much lower than my Britax seats and my kiddos can hardly see outside sitting in those, so probably making it near impossible for them to see anything in a Radian.

3.) Does the seat cover come off at all? How does it wash up?

I can't think of anything else...but I am sure I will. If you can think of anything else I would like to know, go ahead and tell me. Thanks!!!

cowgirlsmommy

I was just going to ask this very same question. What is everyone's experience with this? It definately seems harder compared to the Britax's I have.

I also have a couple other questions...
1.) What are you thoughts on how high it sits up? Does it bother you (in forms of visability and the look, etc)? Does your child like it and then they can see outside better, etc?

2.) For those who also have experience with the Radians (they obviouisly sit MUCH lower), does your child seem to like one over the other? I am curious as to this, as the Radians sit much lower than my Britax seats and my kiddos can hardly see outside sitting in those, so probably making it near impossible for them to see anything in a Radian.

3.) Does the seat cover come off at all? How does it wash up?

I can't think of anything else...but I am sure I will. If you can think of anything else I would like to know, go ahead and tell me. Thanks!!!

I know the cover is removable but I haven't removed mine. Everything that has been spilled on it was easily wiped off because of the type of fabric they use.
The height of the foonf doesn't bother me. My daughter loves the view. She prefers it over her radian.

Kel

Right now I'm using 2 RNs and a Blvd. I really love both. I think seeing out will depend on your vehicle. I drive a mini van ans a big 12 passenger van. They can see out in both of those.

The kids like the RNs ALOT. They seem very happy in them. My 14 month old DD seems to prefer it over her Blvd. And my 3yr old has no complaints.

I've though of getting a foonf many times, but I've heard the headrest cover cannot be washed. That's a deal breaker for me for a couple reasons. 1st because I've had my kids throw up on their headrest more than once. I want to be able to wash it. I know the fabric is great on the Foonf, but I feel puke and sweat needs washed. I feel for the price of the seat you should be able to wash that part of it. And 2nd being a carseat nerd, LOL, I like the fact that my RNs, Blvd,and cco, I can have extra covers. It helps me not get so board with the seats. All of those seats I've just listed I own and use currently. I have several extra covers. It's nice switching them out. The bigger kids like it too.

creideamh

I think it depends on the kid. My cousin hated the Olli for comfort (same cushion), and DD refused to fall asleep in her Foonf for whatever reason. Other kids totally love the Clek cushions/"numb bum" thing. If you're going from a Britax to a Clek, yeah, it'll seem like a hard cushion to you when you pull it out of the box...but again, it works well for some kids.

EmmaGrace'sMom

I really wanted to love the Foonf, but I have no love for it.

I ordered snowberry and the fabric felt like a cheap beach towel. Too many pieces, the average parent will never use it correctly, it's too complicated! I can't believe that they couldn't make the base, headrest, and rebound bar more intuitive! And lastly, it just sits to high to use in a car. I drive a Prius and there was a TEENY TINY sliver of space to load DD. If you drive a van or SUV it won't be such a big deal, but it was a no-go in a Prius...I'm just not willing to deal with that!

creideamh

I really wanted to love the Foonf, but I have no love for it.

I ordered snowberry and the fabric felt like a cheap beach towel. Too many pieces, the average parent will never use it correctly, it's too complicated! I can't believe that they couldn't make the base, headrest, and rebound bar more intuitive! And lastly, it just sits to high to use in a car. I drive a Prius and there was a TEENY TINY sliver of space to load DD. If you drive a van or SUV it won't be such a big deal, but it was a no-go in a Prius...I'm just not willing to deal with that!

LOL. This is exactly me, down to the Prius. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC