Clek Foonf rigid latch release ISSUE

romiicyy

We have 2 Clek Foonf which we love... but. Here's the"but" and Im curious if others have had a similar issue.
Short version: rigid latch over extends and need sput back in, Clek sent me a fix guide which makes me assume Im not the only one. However on ours when this happened, it somehow damaged the plastic around the channel and now the red release pull cannot retract and the small thin bit is permanently twisted. After lots of back and forth Clek offered to try to repair but it would cost me $60 shipping.
Extra details.. we only recently turned this seats user ff, shes 5.5. We used the safety belt until we started carpooling and needed to move it often, so this happened after over a year of owning (about 18m -we had a clek foonf prior too, replaced due to our car being hit) but one of the first times using the rigid latch.
Considering my 5.5 year old might have an inch harness height left in the Foonf, I feel its not worth my $60 but I would like to use this seat with our next, and Im not thrilled that this latch release is sticking out the front and that the rigid latch is unusable.
Anyone else with a similar issue? Remedies? Thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS
T

Trish

Omg, I’ve had this issue since last year as well and we had not been using the car seat for even a year yet. Did they give you any solution since then? What was the fix guide?

We have 2 Clek Foonf which we love... but. Here's the"but" and Im curious if others have had a similar issue.
Short version: rigid latch over extends and need sput back in, Clek sent me a fix guide which makes me assume Im not the only one. However on ours when this happened, it somehow damaged the plastic around the channel and now the red release pull cannot retract and the small thin bit is permanently twisted. After lots of back and forth Clek offered to try to repair but it would cost me $60 shipping.
Extra details.. we only recently turned this seats user ff, shes 5.5. We used the safety belt until we started carpooling and needed to move it often, so this happened after over a year of owning (about 18m -we had a clek foonf prior too, replaced due to our car being hit) but one of the first times using the rigid latch.
Considering my 5.5 year old might have an inch harness height left in the Foonf, I feel its not worth my $60 but I would like to use this seat with our next, and Im not thrilled that this latch release is sticking out the front and that the rigid latch is unusable.
Anyone else with a similar issue? Remedies? Thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Omg, I’ve had this issue since last year as well and we had not been using the car seat for even a year yet. Did they give you any solution since then? What was the fix guide?
Hi! You're unlikely to get a reply from the OP as the post is from 2015. However, if you contact Clek, they should be able to help you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC