Citi mini or umbrella stroller

Mika80

Hello,
I am trying to figure out which stroller is better for travelling and flying.
I have never traveled with a baby so any recommendations will be appreciated.
I am gonna be traveling to Miami (from NY) with a 5 months old - and then, a few months later, from NY to Europe, and my LO is going to be around 9 months by then.
I was considering either the Britax B-Agile which seems to be super easy to fold and pretty light weight.
Or the umbrella stroller Cybex Onyx Black Stroller ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UOPUM0/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A31PYNRLHYACO0"]Amazon.com: Cybex Onyx Black Stroller- Lagoon: Baby[/ame]) - if you want to recommend another one feel free!

What I am looking for is a lightweight fully recline stroller with a large canopy as I don't want my LO to be exposed to the sun (we will be travelling in the spring/summer), a medium size basket under and a 5 point harness (I know the Jeep for example has only 3 point harness).

I know everybody suggests the MacLaren but some don't recline completely or either don't have a large canopy.

Suggestions? Which one is easier to check in based on your experience? I will probably also be using them at home, taking the baby around on a bus etc ... and I know that the umbrella strollers are a little more tricky to fold (need 2 hands).

Thanks!!!

ADS

mom2kandm

Its a toss up. I had the britax b-agile which I passed on to my cousin. I never checked mine in, but would gate check it at the end of the ramp. It came in really handy as you can hold your baby in one hand and fold it with the other. If you are flying solo, which I was with 2 kids, this was very convenient as I didn't need to put the child on the ground or pass her to a stranger to hold. The downside is that the stroller collapses backwards and not onto it self, so the seat tends to get dirty very quickly. So, you may want to invest in a inexpensive gate check bag for the stroller.

I also have a maclaren volo. A no frills umbrella stroller. It was the best thing for our trip to NYC as the most of the subway entrances are stairs only and the ones with elevators are kind of scary. You don't want to lug a heavy stroller up and down the stairs. Plus, the maclaren had a strap, so you could swing it over your shoulder. Also, the turnstiles are tiny, so it was nice to have a compact stroller.

Not sure if I helped, but just my 2 cents.

ebp913

I would look into the Valco Snap as well. It has a great canopy, basket, and is super lightweight. The fold isn't one handed though so that's a trade off. The seat folds facing in though so you don't have to worry about dirt like you would on the B-Agile.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Some airlines are very picky and only allow umbrella-fold strollers when gate-checking. I've never personally had a problem but I've witnessed others be denied. We travel with a Mac Volo, which is way more bare bones than you're wanting, but it is sweet when it needs to be carried. :thumbsup:

Some airlines are very picky and only allow umbrella-fold strollers when gate-checking. I've never personally had a problem but I've witnessed others be denied. We travel with a Mac Volo, which is way more bare bones than you're wanting, but it is sweet when it needs to be carried. :thumbsup:

I have gate checked my bjcmd quite a few times, and never had a problem.

Sent from my MB860 using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC