Choosing an infant bucket seat

ardeur

I definitely want to try an infant bucket seat with #2. I have no idea where to begin. I have back and hip problems, so the lighter seat the better but I also want the seat to be really comfy for baby.

Graco bucket seats seem light to me, but not so comfy inside. Any advice?

ADS

1mommy

Try a comfy carry elite, not the most padded but very lightweight and keep in mind babies have a lot of fat ones don't weigh much so a lot of padding wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I wouldn't prioritize padding for the baby -- babies will be very comfortable in many seats that would seem hard to us. Even my 3-year-old can sit on unloaded surfaces I would expect to be uncomfortable and be just fine -- their bodies are just smaller and, well, younger! :)

If you are looking for light, the Urbini Petal comes to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rin2809

The Urbini Petal may be a good choice. It is on the recommended list from CSFTL (http://csftl.org/urbini-petal-infant-car-seat-review/) and is supposed to be super light because the attachment mechanism is in the base instead of in the seat. It also has euro routine for baseless in stall, which has always intrigued me.

ETA: Sorry, just realized Nedra recommended the same thing, evidently I'm not reading well today.

Last edited:

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC