Chicco KidFit

ADS
U

Unregistered

I've been waiting for this to come out! Would love to compare it with the Graco HBB for ds. He's ready for a booster in dh's car (which he's in very infrequently, so it'll be good practice). I like the deeper seat on the chicco. I tried him in the Graco and he said it was 'too hard'. I also love that it has a back adjustment to slightly recline a bit. One of the things that annoy me about HBB is how upright they sit. It looks uncomfortable! Can't wait to see this one in person and try him in it.

Anyone know if babies r us will carry it?! They're doing a car-seat trade in and I would love to use the 25% off coupon on a booster.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
FYI - KidFit is a Target-exclusive, at least for near future. Not sure what the time frame is on the exclusivity contact but usually it's for at least 6 months or a year.

kookaburra

And after all my excitement, we may be stuck with the boring black of the BBB Affix with SS. I had DD sit in both the TBSS and the KidFit in Target yesterday, and she said she liked the TBSS better. It looked like it fit her slightly better too.

teekadog

I bought one today.

My pros: lightweight but doesn't fall apart when you move it, decent red color, converts to backless, LATCH, super cinch so my dh won't complain, adjusts from the base rather than bottom of headrest, shoulder belt slides freely in all cars/positions I've tried, kids say it is comfortable and can easily use it, easy to adjust, fits all of my kids, I have faith the cover will hold up

My cons: expensive. It feels so lightweight compared to my old jane boosters, and the britax parkway sgl is only $120 on amazon..., not many colors and only available at target (personal pet peeves), is shorter than I'd like, not sure the cup holders will survive long term

Bottom line: if it were cheaper I'd be its biggest cheerleader.

My 12yo is slightly too tall for it but the backless provides a good fit. My 3yo already needs it raised a bit (but he's still rearfacing full time), it adjusts well for occasional shared use for my 6-and 9yos.

nataliem257

I think the price point is right on, it's at least as nice as a turbo booster safety surround plus it has latch :thumbsup: I just want more covers.

agave

I wonder if there will be any good sales before March when I give away the Maestro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teekadog

I think the price point is right on, it's at least as nice as a turbo booster safety surround plus it has latch :thumbsup: I just want more covers.

Oh I agree on that point so I'm not returning it. It is definitely the nicest booster on the target shelf and worth the money for that. But it really seems like a graco affix competitor to me and that can be had for less money full price. Also more colors, available more places, and sales can be found. I love chicco products but get frustrated with their self-limiting selling practices. For $20 less- and hopefully target can make that happen with sales- I would make the kidfit my prom date!

morlando27

I bought one today.

My pros: lightweight but doesn't fall apart when you move it, decent red color, converts to backless, LATCH, super cinch so my dh won't complain, adjusts from the base rather than bottom of headrest, shoulder belt slides freely in all cars/positions I've tried, kids say it is comfortable and can easily use it, easy to adjust, fits all of my kids, I have faith the cover will hold up

My cons: expensive. It feels so lightweight compared to my old jane boosters, and the britax parkway sgl is only $120 on amazon..., not many colors and only available at target (personal pet peeves), is shorter than I'd like, not sure the cup holders will survive long term

Bottom line: if it were cheaper I'd be its biggest cheerleader.

My 12yo is slightly too tall for it but the backless provides a good fit. My 3yo already needs it raised a bit (but he's still rearfacing full time), it adjusts well for occasional shared use for my 6-and 9yos.

How tall does it adjust?
I'd love to see pictures of it in a car!

nataliem257

Soooo I went to target and played with the display model, definitely the seat for us. The only downside I can see is it not being as tall as I would like, but as petite as DD is I'm sure by the time we're close to outgrowing it well be at LBB age.

teekadog

More and more I love this seat but wish it were taller. I bought a britax parkway sgl to compare (and because buying the kidfit drove home how old our jané boosters were). We love how tall the sgl adjusts and the safeguard, but the kidfit wins in every other area.

Nataliem257, the kids like the kidfit as a nbb more than the parkway as a nbb, so you have that to look forward to as well. It's got a deeper seat pan, and the kids say the seat and cover are more comfy.

Disclaimer: yes, some of my kids would do fine with nbb, but for our family's lifestyle and needs it's much better to have installed hbbs that adjust to fit various kids.

Carolinadaisy

I wish there were more color choices or that the Paprika cover was a true red instead. I'm buying a red Bsafe 35 for baby girl....so that off red color would make me crazy in the same vehicle, I'm afraid. And it's probably too short for us as well. It's still under consideration, though. I would love to see comparison picks next to a Parkway or Recaro Performance booster.

I'm leaning towards a Recaro Performance booster and when we need to get 3 across, for road trips to have more cargo space, we will use the Vivo that is usually in Dh's car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC