Chariot Cougar deal :D

Phineasmama

So...I have been wanting to get a Chariot for quite a while now. I went to REI today to order one because the new 2012 version comes in PURPLE and you can get it shipped to the store for free.
Imagine my surprise when the guy tells me that there is a promotion coming up next week where you can get 20% off the chassis if you're a member :eek: I'm pretty sure these things never go on sale so I was pretty stoked. He said they would give me that price now since they know about the deal coming up because they price match within 30 days anyways, so it kind of saves time and effort for everyone.

Just wanted to share since spring is here in case anyone else is in the market :)

I got the bike trailer attachment and the strolling attachment so we can use it as a double stroller.

Oh and the membership is only $20 but if you get that you save like $120 on the chassis and then you still get 10% cash back on everything you purchase, they give out that dividend once a year.

ADS

YinzerMama

FYI if you order on line you can use the discount on more than one item. :) I have bought in store and then used my membership on line and was able to do it twice.

I got a cabriolet last fall but ended up returning it and getting a burley. The cabriolet is a super cute little bike trailer and I think it's a better buy than the Cougar IF all you want is a trailer. Not a good stroller trailer. I ended up going Burley instead because you can put more junk in the trunk.

That is awesome though that they told you the sale is coming up and gave you the price now. REI has kickass customer service.

I *heart* kickass customer service.

Phineasmama

Good to know about the discount! I was planning on getting a membership now that I live in a place where there is an actual store, but I figured I would wait until I bought something expensive. Their customer service is awesome, every time I go in there the people are super helpful and as a bonus they actually know what they're talking about! It's like...the opposite of the car seat aisle at BRU :p

I did get the Cougar specifically because of the strolling wheels. Well okay, I wanted a "nice" bike trailer, but rather than buy another $600 Bumbleride double stroller AND get a bike trailer I figured I'd just combine the two. I love that it has actual strolling wheels, not just a jogging attachment because you can't really steer those if you're just walking along leisurely. Plus when I tested it out in the store the attachments are really easy to pop on and off, which is great. It took me all of 30 seconds to put the strolling wheels on and then the trailer arm can be stored on the side.

I'm just a *little* bit excited about this :cool: Now I only have to wait a week for the darn thing to come in! I found some 2011 versions (non purple) that were 20% off so I was pretty stoked that I could get the color I wanted at that same price.

snafued

Order online thru Mr. Rebate or Upromise to get another 3% back.

REI usually have their member-only coupon sale 4x a year. This time around, it'll be from March 23rd thru April 15th. And the code will be good for one regular priced item and one REI Outlet item (or clearance item instore as they have done in the past).

Their customer service and policies are awesome. I never abuse it to the extent of some, but I have returned couple year old items that were brand new with tags that I no longer have the receipt for (as long as you're a member since they can look up your purchase history). Got a full refund on those items with no hassle. They will pretty much take anything back.

I do miss the days of half price $0.83 sale. <sigh>

YinzerMama

There is an REI credit card you can get that I think gives you 5% back on everything even if it is on sale. When I first got the offer you got a $100 gift card just for joining.

YinzerMama

Is the 20% off on everything or are there excluded brands?

I think there are a few exclusions but for the most part it covers everything. Like I think bikes might be excluded... not sure what else.

If you are wondering if it covers Bob strollers, yes. :)

(They also have baby jogger on line, rarely in store... or used to...)

Kaitsmom

Single. Im working hard in hubby about this. He used our Chicco stroller last weekend and he was so annoyed by it (its like 3 yrs.old and doesnt like turning as much as it used to) that had it been payday I could have gotten a new one ordered on my phone before we got home!

Hes still a bit horrified at the price, but seemed kind of happy when I told him about this discount. I also had a job interview yesterday and have another next week so I might be able to just buy it without worrying about him. My job interview next week is in town so I am going to go look at REI and BabyLand if my mom will come and keep my daughter while I interview.

snafued

REI Member's 20% off coupon is active. Previously, I have placed separate orders and the coupon was accepted every time, even tho it does state one coupon per customer. I also never have printed out the coupon for in-store purchase since they usually ask you at the register if you want to apply the coupon to your purchase.

How to Use Your 20% Off Coupon:

ONLINE, AT REI.COM AND REI-OUTLET.COM
  • If you're an REI member: At steps 3 and 4 of checkout under REI Membership, enter your membership number and coupon code REWARDS20. Note: Check "Use my dividend on this order" and we'll apply your dividend balance toward your purchase.
  • If you're not yet an REI member: Include an REI membership for a one-time $20 fee with your purchase and use coupon code REWARDS20 at checkout. (You won't have to enter a membership number.) Note: You will have the opportunity to buy a membership at checkout.
  • Coupon applies to highest-priced eligible item. Coupon good through 4/15.

AT REI STORES
  • If you're an REI member: At checkout, provide coupon code REWARDS20 (or a printout of this coupon) and your REI membership number to the cashier. Note: Ask to have your dividend balance applied toward your purchase.
  • If you're not yet an REI member: At checkout, include an REI membership for a one-time $20 fee with your purchase and provide coupon code REWARDS20 (or a printout of this coupon) to the cashier.
  • Coupon applies to highest-priced eligible item. Coupon good through 4/15.

*Full Coupon Details and Exclusions:
  • Offer valid 3/22/12 9pm PT – 4/15/12 11:59pm PT.
  • Coupon (or coupon code) must be presented at time of purchase. Online and phone customers must use code "REWARDS20" to receive this discount.
  • Offer valid for 20% off one full-price or sale or clearance item (prices ending in $._3 or $._9) at REI.com, 1-800-426-4840 and REI stores.
  • Offer also valid for 20% off one item from REI-OUTLET.com. Offer valid on all REI-OUTLET.com categories except bicycles.
  • Offer not valid at REI Adventures or REI Outdoor School.
  • REI membership is required at checkout. Not a member? You can join for a one-time $20 fee during checkout.
  • Offer not valid on special orders, package discounts, prior purchases, REI gift cards, REI e-gift cards, passes and tickets, gift boxes, memberships, shop services, rentals.
  • Offer valid on Novara bicycles only; all other bicycle brands are excluded.
  • Offer not valid on hard-shell boats or stand up paddleboards, any item with GPS technology, phones or personal locator beacons.
  • Offer not valid on skis, boots or bindings; snowboards, boots or bindings.
  • Offer is limited to stock on hand and backorderable items, is nontransferable and is not redeemable for cash.
  • Merchandise purchased with this offer is not eligible for the REI member refund. Offer may not be combined with any other discount or offer. Limit one coupon per customer.
http://www.rei.com/promotions/member-rewards-coupon.html

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC