Question carseats and carseat arrangement for 2010 Honda Odyssey.

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I needed some advice on how to arrange my carseats and also need to buy 2 new carseats.

I have a 2010 Honda Odyssey Touring. The car seat that I have right now is a Britax Marathon. And I need two more. My children are:
1. 3.5yo, about 30pounds
2. 14months old, about 21pounds
3. newborn due in January.

So it doesn't matter to me which child uses which carseats. I just wanted some advice on which carseats to buy for which child and also what the most spacious, comfortable, easiest for me to buckle, and of course safest arrangement will be in my Odyssey.
Thanks so much for any help. :)

ADS

daycaremom2002

First a few questions. What sort of budget for the new seats are you looking at? Are you wanting the 3yo forward facing? At only 30 pounds, she would probably fit rear facing in a few seats, depending, of course, on how tall she is. Does your van have the captains chairs? I have never been in an Odyssey, so I don't know if they even come with a bench. LOL

ctbcleveland

Ody only has a bench in the third row.

If she has the plus one seat, the middle row can accomodate three. If she doesn't, it can only accomodate two - two captain's chairs.

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I am not too worried about price for the 2 new carseats, just whatever fits my kids and will work nicely in the van.
The van has 2 captains in the middle row and a small middle seat. Good to know that 3 carseats will fit across in the middle row, but I would also like to be easily able to get to the back row, so I was planning on putting at least one in the back row.
Oh, and I would like to have all 3 children rearfacing. Thanks! :)

ctbcleveland

I would put the 14 month old in your existing Marathon and then think about a radian for your oldest and an infant seat for your baby.

I would try the marathon in the third row, with the radian RF in the passenger side captain's chair and the baby on the driver's side.

Once the baby is out of the infant seat, you might be ready to have your oldest forward facing - you can then put the oldest in the third row FF in a new seat and continue using the Radian and Marathon in the second row for the youngest two.

I personally can't stand getting myself into the third row of the Ody and can't imagine trying to buckle a rear-facing child in every day. If it were me, I would be looking to put all three RF in the second row - which is doable, with the right seats.

I suggest, before buying lots of new seats for this configuration, you try out one of your kiddos in the third row with the marathon RF.

Last edited:
K

Kaitlyn inge

Hi,
I needed some advice on how to arrange my carseats and also need to buy 2 new carseats.

I have a 2010 Honda Odyssey Touring. The car seat that I have right now is a Britax Marathon. And I need two more. My children are:
1. 3.5yo, about 30pounds
2. 14months old, about 21pounds
3. newborn due in January.

So it doesn't matter to me which child uses which carseats. I just wanted some advice on which carseats to buy for which child and also what the most spacious, comfortable, easiest for me to buckle, and of course safest arrangement will be in my Odyssey.
Thanks so much for any help. :)
Hi what ended up working for you? I just got an older 2010 honda odyssey and also have a 3 year old, 14 month old and expecting a newborn… not sure how to configure my van for this. I also had the captain style 2nd row with the small middle seat which is removable. My 3 year old forward faces and my smallest would obviously be rear facing!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi what ended up working for you? I just got an older 2010 honda odyssey and also have a 3 year old, 14 month old and expecting a newborn… not sure how to configure my van for this. I also had the captain style 2nd row with the small middle seat which is removable. My 3 year old forward faces and my smallest would obviously be rear facing!
Hi! The original poster is unlikely to see your post. This thread is 12 years old.

If you can tell me what seats your children are in, I'm happy to give you my suggestions, though.

Q

qwerty590

I'm trying to decide whether to keep my 2010 Odyssey when baby#3 comes or attempt to upgrade. I have 2 diono radians, 1 britax marathon, and 2 evenflo symphonies right now (to split between 2 vehicles), but I know I will need to get more. I will likely be buying the smallest infant seat I can find. My other kids are 5 and 3.
Will a Radian or infant seat fit in that little middle seat add-on for a 2010 odyssey? Any suggestions for which seats I should buy? I'd rather buy new car seats than a new car if possible!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
A Radian won't install properly in the center seat. Some rear-facing only infant buckets will. This is an older thread but may give you some ideas:

Newer seats to try could include a Graco SlimFit3 LX/True3Fit or a Clek Lling. Make sure you buy from somewhere with easy returns in case you get a seat that doesn't work out! Remember that only a rear facing seat should go there, not forward facing, as there is no top tether anchor.

Q

qwerty590

A Radian won't install properly in the center seat. Some rear-facing only infant buckets will. This is an older thread but may give you some ideas:

Newer seats to try could include a Graco SlimFit3 LX/True3Fit or a Clek Lling. Make sure you buy from somewhere with easy returns in case you get a seat that doesn't work out! Remember that only a rear facing seat should go there, not forward facing, as there is no top tether anchor.
Thank you!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC