Car seat install issue in Chevy traverse

hello all so little over a year ago I bought a chevy Traverse. But at the time I didn't look at the seat belts in the captains chairs in the second row. The buckle it self is ridge meaning it doesn't move or very little. I had a britax frontier installed with the click tight and it broke the buckle of the seat belt. The casing that covers the buckle the black plastic broke from the car seat being installed with the click tight. And it looks like now when I turn my son ff in his click tight marathon I will have the same problem. So my question is. What car seats installed both rf and ff will work in these skinny captains chairs. He will not be getting turned ff for a few more months but I tried installing his car seat ff just to make sure there would be no problem and there will be. I will not be able to buckle the seat belt becuase the level thing on the side is in the way so the click tight will be not be us full for me now. Any ideas would be great thank You. And any car seats that fit without breaking anything.

ADS

featherhead

The simplest option would be to utilize the UAS anchors until your child reaches the limit for the particular seat. Some seatbelts are just a pain in the butt to use for car seats.

Yes they are. They can go up and down just a little and that is about it. And yes it is looking like i will have to us the UAS. It installed wonderful in my husbands truck and I didn't have it reclined all the way back. I have him in a evenflo tribute (car seat in a bag from Walmart) right now becuase it was the seat I had as the car seat was still in my husband truck. I am finding I don't like the captains chairs in the traverse because they are so angled that makes it harder to get a good install in itself. And putting in a high back booster with the head rests that don't move is even worse... My girls get very uncomfortable because they are pushed forward.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC