Car seat for dolls.......

ADS

mom of six

So as a kid I LOVED playing with car seats. Occasionally I was lucky enough to get my hands on a real one (I had an old Bobby-Mac for a little while), but most of the time I made them out of cardboard boxes and an old denim belt I had. Most of the time they had an OHS :eek:. On one of my cardboard car seats I was able to route the vehicle seat belt through the triangular OHS shield I had made. I remember belting it into the front center seat of our 1981 Pontiac Lemans :rolleyes:.

So, now that I have kids you can bet that they have their own doll car seats. I am still doing my own modifications, however. I took the harness from the Snugride 20 that I used for my 8 YO and added it to my Joovy toddler car seat:
40e1b9c0-5290-4a35-a7e4-46c0c2e13324.image

Here is a view of the side and yes, I think you could cut a hole for a RF belt path.
184de418-a5b0-4f2d-9b88-7e1bd46fac2f.image

Here is a view of the back of the seat so you can see how the harness works. Notice the old *E* style splitter plate.
80f90428-77e5-401e-932d-7d5d2e87ee25.image

And finally a picture of the front adjuster. My husband cut a small hole with his Dremel oscillating tool to thread the belt through. He had to bend the metal plate of the adjuster to fit the curve of the seat and then he secured it with a small screw and a nut from behind.
dae60692-de77-4a8e-9d02-bc16d0a28e65.image

My 10 YO uses it for her AG doll and my 4 YO sometimes uses it for her Jessie doll (from Toy Story). Sometimes my 10 YO and 8 YO create a car out of our love seat upstairs and their dolls are always rear facing!!!:D

mom of six

So this is not truly an AG doll. It is the Target knock-off, but it is an 18" doll so it should be about the same.
e6bed7ae-525f-4fc8-99ce-6a9dcc22f297.image

And for strap height
2ef4f51e-635f-46b4-99e9-e9c5eb91837c.image

Holly

We have the Joovy infant seat and we love it! It was a lot cheaper when we got it several years ago though, I think it was $40. I wanted that one because we rarely use it in the car, and it doubles as a carrier and such indoors.

cmcki737

lourdes said:
Yes, in amazon is around 30$ but the infant is around 60$!!! My DH won't be happy if I spent 60$ in a toy car seat! But 30$ is doable

Someone on here is selling a pink infant one but I'm not sure of price.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC