Car seat apps

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Besides the angle apps, are there any you guys find helpful for car seat reference? Other than CSO, of course. :D

Have you seen Phoenix Children's Car Seat Helper? I downloaded it today and it's pretty awesome - you put in your child's age and weight and it recommends whether they should be RF, FF, booster, etc. And the recommendations are fantastic. I put in a 25 pound 2 year old and it told me to RF!

I also wanted something that I could use to check recalls and all I found was recall helper... which seems ok so far but I haven't played with much.

What do you guys like? This is all on my iPod touch, btw.

ADS

creideamh

I use whatever one is just called "Recalls" and has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it as the icon. Keeps itself UTD and helps me out at checks. Don't know if there's a better one now, though.
That's all I use... :eek:

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I use whatever one is just called "Recalls" and has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it as the icon. Keeps itself UTD and helps me out at checks. Don't know if there's a better one now, though.
That's all I use... :eek:

I'm going to try that one - I don't like how this recalls plus thing won't let you search by model or category, only by brand name so if I search Graco I have to scroll through all the high chair and crib and other recalls I don't care about for CPST purposes.

creideamh

The one I use has a section for car seats at the top, and a search bar (to use within each category.) I quite like it :D You can flip notifications on, too.

MommaKellie

Besides the angle apps, are there any you guys find helpful for car seat reference? Other than CSO, of course. :D

Have you seen Phoenix Children's Car Seat Helper? I downloaded it today and it's pretty awesome - you put in your child's age and weight and it recommends whether they should be RF, FF, booster, etc. And the recommendations are fantastic. I put in a 25 pound 2 year old and it told me to RF!

I also wanted something that I could use to check recalls and all I found was recall helper... which seems ok so far but I haven't played with much.

What do you guys like? This is all on my iPod touch, btw.

I have a kindle fire. When I search for car seat app all I get is a check list to help you pack for a getaway with a baby. :(

penguingrooves

crazycarseatjess said:
What's the angle one called? No one seems to know when I ask babycenter!

with my old android phone, i use Bubble. it's technically a level, basically the graphic representation of the yellow liquid-filled portion with a bubble on a real-life level/tool. i can tilt the phone from a distance to get a reading, but it's easier if i put the phone against the carseat. takes up very little memory. simple to use. has a familiar look.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
For recalls just go to carseat.org ( safety belt safe) and use their list. You can download it before you leave the house if you won't have Internet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC