Can't see out the back of my van

HEVY

Why can't they make cars where the drivers seats are higher than the rest? If it's not the booster in the way it will be the persons head.

ADS

Baylor

I gave up on looking out the rear window when I got the Gn years ago.. I use my side mirrors.

Dillipop

:yeahthatlove: I've gotten much better using my side mirrors in the 2 years we've had a van.

HEVY

I use my mirrors while driving but my concern is backing up. I have my sensor but I can't put my trust in that. I can barely turn with my back and the dang booster is making it more difficult. I get scared now when I back up

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I .. you have one child. She can't possibly be blocking the entire view. In fact if she were.. say.. second row passenger side outboard, I can't begin to fathom how she would even affect your view at ALL? Beyond that, using side mirrors and making a circuit around the van prior to getting in to check for things behind you are good ways to check for obstructions, and whilst you are out driving around, you can probably avoid backing up in many situations, if it truly bothers you.

thekatie

I use my reverse camera to start easing out (suuuuper slowly!), and ask J to look out the back of anything/anyone is coming. It works, except he will tell me a car is coming when it's still at the very far end of the lane (like 15+ parking spaces away). I'd rather him tell me when a car is that far away than not say anything at all though. I actually still have a fairly unrestricted view (RF Pria that doesn't block anything, no one in the middle, and J is behind me), but I get realllllly paranoid when backing up.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I .. you have one child. She can't possibly be blocking the entire view. In fact if she were.. say.. second row passenger side outboard, I can't begin to fathom how she would even affect your view at ALL? Beyond that, using side mirrors and making a circuit around the van prior to getting in to check for things behind you are good ways to check for obstructions, and whilst you are out driving around, you can probably avoid backing up in many situations, if it truly bothers you.

Second row passenger, in her van is basically middle, unless she moves the third row up.

HEVY

Yeah she's in the second row, short bench so she's almost in the middle. Her headwings pretty much block my entire view. There's a probelm with my back the past few days and I can't really turn like I used to, lol, I would practically have to boost out of my seat side to side to see past it.

canadiangie

Can you move R to the 2nd row drivers position?

What is the belt fit like on her with the back removed from her booster?

HEVY

She is behind the drivers seat, but it's a short bench so that seat is towards the middle and the only decent belt fit of any seat. Without the back none of the belts fit her, except the front passenger seat. I could try again with the PWSGL, last time was with the TB and about 6mos ago.

Baylor

It is not hard to learn to back up safely it just takes practice. You back up slowly. My dh used to drive low boys and rigs. It's all about having your side mirrors aimed correctly and using them.

I have a fr85, back row in my van and a Monterey in middle position in my short bench. To me it is not safe to use the rear mirror because I still can not see well enough.

Do you have the blind spot mirrors on your side mirrors? They help a lot!

auto correct hates me

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC