Cambria or performance booster for Honda Pilot??

Carolinadaisy

Ds1 is rapidly outgrowing the harness on his Graco Nautilus that he uses in Nana's Pilot. I checked with a butter knife today and he is just about even with the top slot. So we will probably go ahead and switch by mid June after he turns 6. He is about 45 lbs and probably almost 48". He rides in a Vivo in DH's car, but he has some problems buckling it and getting all the slack from the lap portion of the belt by himself. Most weeks, he only rides with Nana after school for 20 minutes and then 20 minutes to meet me. I have no doubts that he can sit properly for this length of ride. He will ride with her more in the summer, but it feel fine with booster use since he has been in one with DH since last August.

I don't want to use the Nautilus as a booster as ds2 will need it harnessed in he fall after his Boulevard expires. I also will be glad that Nana can put the booster in alone as she can't do a belt install with the Nautilus well. I will need to install when she has ds2, but it isn't as often since he is not 3.

So.....I know the Cambria hasn't been released yet, but any guesses as to which booster will be easiest for Ds2 to buckle independently??

I want to buy a tall booster as Ds2 is in the very upper percentile and will eventually be using the seat as well.

Thanks!

ADS

soph's mom

Does the car have vehicle headrests? I called and confirmed with diono that they are requiring vehicle head support for the Cambrias just like their Montereys...

aeormsby

The Performance booster is wide which can make it more difficult to buckle in some vehicles. But it has very few compatibility issues which is good. You could also look at the Parkway. I'm not familiar with the newest version but DD has been using hers since she was 5 and has always been able to buckle herself. I think both are easier than the Vivo with that super low belt path.

Carolinadaisy

Any guesses as to whether the presale price of $87 for the orange cambria will go up or down after release?? I think we will probably get that one. I know a I could get an affix, but we tried that one before and DS didn't like it. He also would outgrow the highback part a lot sooner!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC