Calgary radians/angle adjusters

Nimommyof2

I don't suppose there is a way to get a hold of Radians with angle adjusters without buying them first? Test drove the traverse today, the width in the back seat seemed okay but the front to back clearance doesn't for RF without it touching the seats in the middle row so that kinda sucks:( Why can't they make vehicles more child seat friendly. Plus to get in the back row you do have to fold a seat, I was thinking it'd be like my van and a seat would just slide forward enough to leave about six inches of space.

Looked at the Odyssey to but pretty sure its not feasible price wise and can't go any older than the 2011 for carseats. Maybe I'll look at a 2010 Sienna.

What RF seats allow bracing? I assume cause its the third row airbag sensors wouldn't matter.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The 2nd row tumbles back in to the position most rearward on the track so you have to slide that 2nd row forward again after having had it flipped for back row access. I've had a radian in the center rear position but it too a lot of gymnastics to get it installed upright enough for the 2nd row to be able to go back in to place.

It should be pretty easy with the angle adjuster though. West coast kids carries it for $12.99 so I'd try there. As for loading, it's easy to flip the rear 40 portion down and load through the back. :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Nimommyof2

Okay maybe I'll look into getting the angle adjuster but I don't have a radian I can borrow a person's I know off another group, but I'd need all six seating postions it probably won't work.

I was searching on this site and found a number of succesful three across for the older Honda's is there a reason they aren't recommended for three across or just because its tricky?

It would definitly be way more feasible to get an 8passenger 2008-2010 Odyssey by the looks of things, I couldn't even find any available Sienna's

snowbird25ca

Okay maybe I'll look into getting the angle adjuster but I don't have a radian I can borrow a person's I know off another group, but I'd need all six seating postions it probably won't work.

I was searching on this site and found a number of succesful three across for the older Honda's is there a reason they aren't recommended for three across or just because its tricky?

It would definitly be way more feasible to get an 8passenger 2008-2010 Odyssey by the looks of things, I couldn't even find any available Sienna's

I've had 6 vehicles in the Traverse before. 3rd row was 2 Scenera's rf'ing and then the rf'ing Radian. There was no angle adjuster that existed back then and I did it, so with the angle adjuster I think it would be easy. 3 across the 2nd row is very easy to do.

I don't know what combo of rf'ing and ff'ing kids there are though - the bench model has 4 top tethers and I think the Odyssey and Sienna both have more than that.

Nimommyof2

oh really okay I put the Graco MR and the evenflo titan back there and they were touching the seat in front. Well thats good to know maybe there is hope than. I need three-four RF and one or two FF plus a booster so three across the back would work, I just need to think if I want to be doing that everyday(well M-F). did you load them through the Hatch than? As long as I can get two RF in the back I'd be good but might be easier with three and than buckle over back. I'm not worried about the lack of tethers I am all for extended RF so don't see it being an issue. I think Honda's only have five anyway so one more.

snowbird25ca

Yeah - just remember you need to slide that 2nd row forward every time you put it back in position after accessing that 3rd row because it lock back down in the furthest "back" position - so there is actually more space there than you think. The scenera was a super easy install back there.

I wasn't the one loading the kids and I haven't had any follow-up with the dayhome mom to know how she has found the loading and unloading. I've loaded a ff'ing kid back there through dropping the 40 portion of the 3rd row, but only did it on one trip so don't really have any opinions.

Oh - another option - the guide 65. Bet it would fit easy back there too. Even smaller than the scenera by a ton.

Nimommyof2

I had just folded the middle row back flat without doing the smart slide or whatever they call it so it was in the furthest position forward. I think Tuesday I may go play around with the carseats

snowbird25ca

I had just folded the middle row back flat without doing the smart slide or whatever they call it so it was in the furthest position forward. I think Tuesday I may go play around with the carseats

Yeah. I'm not sure what position it would've been on on the track - it actually makes a lot of difference. You'll also want to recline that 2nd row for the purposes of testing it as it needs to be reclined when a ff'ing seat is in stalled outboard or when the UAS is being used - so in most cases it ends up having to be reclined. (Both sides of the bench have to be adjusted the same amount.)

What I'd suggest is setting the 60 portion so that the back is reclined, then sliding it forward on the track. Then just tumble the 40 portion to get in to the 3rd row and test out how the seats will fit with that 60 portion in the place it'll be. (And check what kind of room that leaves the driver - as long as you have one ff'ing or booster kid though you'll be fine - the 2nd row has loads of room and it's not bad even when the bench is forward.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC