Question Buying a seat while stationed in England?

Sunshine112

My friend is stationed in Lakenhath and needs to buy a new seat for her DS. She will only be there for 1 more year and does not want to buy a Euro seat. No convertible she wants is available on amazon to be shipped and she has no idea how to get a seat shipped there otherwise without paying a ton. Any ideas??

ADS

T4K

It's basically like a mall geared towards military families. How old and big is the child?

Kaitsmom

Has she tried Justkidsstore.com? I know they ship to Germany.

The other option is to have it shipped to someone in the US and then have it forewarded to them.

Sunshine112

Has she tried Justkidsstore.com? I know they ship to Germany.

The other option is to have it shipped to someone in the US and then have it forewarded to them.

I just checked justkidsstore.com and shipping is about $98! Holy cow lol. I'll have her check a few places. She really wants a MR65 but she might just be out of luck

T4K

What about an AAFES mall partner? I think Comfort1st is a partner. I would call them. I think they are based out of Maryland. They may ship to families overseas. If not, maybe see about importing an easy to use Swedish seat?

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
She was going to, but said it takes about 4 months to get it from them. :(

That doesn't sound right. It should take less than a month. Most of the stuff I had shipped to Germany took about a week. US Military and she has an APO address, right?

Sunshine112

That doesn't sound right. It should take less than a month. Most of the stuff I had shipped to Germany took about a week. US Military and she has an APO address, right?

Yes she is and yes, APO. I'll tell her to check it out Again and give her everyone's advice. Thank you!

jasminegrl

only some seats will be shippable most are too large, or at least the boxes are too large, we were able to get my daughters radian shipped priority to Japan and it only took a week to hit our po box on base. She needs to shop around and either find a place with free shipping or expect to pay a ton for shipping.

Phineasmama

I have a friend who is a govt employee in Germany and she said she can get any Britax seat shipped to her except for the Frontier because it's too big.

TBH I'd totally get a Swedish seat if I were her :eek:

newyorkDOC

I'd look for free shipping to APO addresses or get a Swedish seat then sell it stateside once they get back. I'm sure there are members here who'd like to get one but don't want to deal with the international shipping.

Persimmon

only some seats will be shippable most are too large, or at least the boxes are too large, we were able to get my daughters radian shipped priority to Japan and it only took a week to hit our po box on base. She needs to shop around and either find a place with free shipping or expect to pay a ton for shipping.

On the Exchange website it will tell her which ones will ship to an APO--they won't do the MR65 she wants though.
http://shop.aafes.com/shop/search/default.aspx?freeText|26586.4187817=car seat

DH is a civil servant so can use the Exchange website. I have found their customer service very helpful. No tax!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC