Bundle Me's are going to be the death of me!

zactayaus

I swear. We did 13 seats today at work and out of those 13 at least 10 of them were using Bundle Me's. It's such a PITA. We have to explain to the parents why they shouldn't use them and then we have to have them sign a waiver if they don't agree to remove it. We only had 2 today that refused to remove them so not too bad, but GAH! And the older Bundle Me's are absolutely horrible. The slots on them go straight up and down and causes the harness to want to fold in half and pulls the harness away from baby's neck and angled down in just the right position to slip off the shoulders if they were in a crash. Hopefully the parents will keep the harness tight so that wouldn't happen but you all know how that goes.:rolleyes:

Ok, vent over.

ADS

Brianna

I can't bring myself to comprehend somebody refusing to remove it if they voluntarily went to have a seat checked by a CPST. Refusing to listen to unsolicited advice is one thing- but they went to you wanting to know the right thing to do! :banginghead: :banginghead:

zactayaus

I can't bring myself to comprehend somebody refusing to remove it if they voluntarily went to have a seat checked by a CPST. Refusing to listen to unsolicited advice is one thing- but they went to you wanting to know the right thing to do! :banginghead: :banginghead:

I guess I should clarify. They did not come to us. They chose to give birth in our hospital and therefore they have baby's seat and base checked when they are discharged as per hospital policy.

ETA: They are allowed to refuse our service all together if they wish but most will go ahead and let us do what we are being paid to do. Only less than a handful a week choose to decline.

Brianna

Well that's just as bad! It's not like they've been doing it for months and have "decided" it's safe- they hadn't used them at all and you're trying to help keep their precious newborn safe.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I hear your frustration! Everyone thinks that their little Pumpkin Pie is going to die of hypothermia between the hospital and their car if they don't have on three snow suits and a Bundle Me. I remove a TON of them, and most you can tell are going to be back in once they get out the door to their car. Same at seat checks--we have a bunch of expectant moms come through and they think I'm crazy when I take it out.

java

I guess I should clarify. They did not come to us. They chose to give birth in our hospital and therefore they have baby's seat and base checked when they are discharged as per hospital policy.

ETA: They are allowed to refuse our service all together if they wish but most will go ahead and let us do what we are being paid to do. Only less than a handful a week choose to decline.

Oh what I wouldn't do to have your job!

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I have checked at least 7 infant seats this week. That's lots for me. No buddle mes. 2 seats had mats under them. Mom didn't want them moved.

Phineasmama

Everyone has them around here, and I overheard this great conversation when waiting to pick up DD from pre-K about how "convenient" they are and how much better it is than using blankets.

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
I prefer the bundle me (and the no name ones) with the slots horizontal slots. Most of the times the material behind the child is thinner than the snow suits they put on them. If they come in with one, or w/ a doubt want one, it the better one to have. On my demo baby you can see the straps lay flat and not twisted and the material is thin behind. I always tell them the only thing baby needs under is regular clothes, and most times that all baby has under. The one with vertical slits and Velcro is CRAP!!!

Last edited:

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Is this the new style one?:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-Bundle-Me-Lite/dp/B001PAHHEQ/"]Amazon.com: JJ Cole Bundle Me Lite - Stone: Baby[/ame]

DH's daughter has it on her registry and I wasn't sure from the picture what type it is. Anybody know?

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Note to self: Get used tofrustration over BundleMe's so I'm a step ahead when I get a job. :) LOL That is so frustrating though.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I used the Bundle Me lite with Miley from fall until spring. I thought it was thin enough. And from what I remember it didn't change the way the straps came out of the seat or fold them. But that was also 3 years ago and I don't rmember to much lol. I know it isn't something we recommend to parents to use.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC