Bumble bum

ADS

flutie128

I am not sure I would use it full time because clipping the seat belt every time a pain IMO. If I was going to use it full time I would probably wait until I was comfortable having the child ride backless.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I am not sure I would use it full time because clipping the seat belt every time a pain IMO. If I was going to use it full time I would probably wait until I was comfortable having the child ride backless.

:yeahthat: I love the seat for temporary situations, but my kid HATES buckling it. Other than that, I'd say it's appropriate any time a backless is.

Jessica61624

I guess that would be no different than a booster we have to move out to buckle.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
When I needed to. My daughter does find it a little "tippier" than a regular backless, but since I wouldn't use a backless full-time for a frequent car sleeper (or really long trips), not a huge deal. My daughter is way better at buckling and unbuckling than I am, and doesn't seem to mind.

cso1997

I guess that would be no different than a booster we have to move out to buckle.

I would much rather move a seat to buckle. Those red clips make me want to curse every time. I would rather use a regular backless any day. Maybe it would be different if I used the seat outboard but I always have it in the middle.

finn

cso1997 said:
I would much rather move a seat to buckle. Those red clips make me want to curse every time.

:yeahthat: I use it when I have a tight 3 across, ds can't do the red buckles by himself so I have to reach in scooch him forward, buckle the red buckle, buckle the seatbelt, then scooch him back and then tighten the seatbelt, the repeat in reverse to get him out, I can't imagine doing it more than once a week.

flutie128

I would much rather move a seat to buckle. Those red clips make me want to curse every time. I would rather use a regular backless any day. Maybe it would be different if I used the seat outboard but I always have it in the middle.

I totally agree. I tried using it with DS because I thought it would be a great travel seat and he couldn't get the belt in or out of the red clip so I had to. I wanted to hurt something when I was done and we only used it for 2 days.

cryswilkins

I've been considering it for my 6 year old in DHs car. It's a tight 3 across and she is too tall for the radian. Right now we have a FFing Ra50, a high back Amp and the KF30. It's the only combo that fit. Once DS2 needs a convertible I don't know if the booster will fit. The Radian needs an AA to fit RFing.

Sent from my iPhone and probably NAK, please excuse my typos.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC