Britax Travel Accessories?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Re: Britax's "head and body support pillow"

Is it funny that I recognize the vehicle as one of the Chevy crossovers - probably an Acadia would be my guess.

I hope it at least comes with a warning to remove the included padding of the seat? Can you imagine trying to use that over top of the padding that already comes with it?

I dunno - I've never really understood the purpose of that - I can kinda see it with a newborn, but why an older active baby? All I see is it making them hot and squished.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Definitely. As I said on the other thread, that's a Snuzzler if I ever saw one. She's so cramped, she can't even sit back. It just doesn't make sense for an older baby in a convertible. Noob in a bucket? I get that. Even a smaller baby in the convertibles. If she can hold her head up off the pillow, she probably doesn't need it. :p

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician

I agree that she looks a little big to need it or get comfort from it and it does look A LOT like a snuzzler.

Besides, that, did you notice on Britax's page which seats it's "compatible" with? It's "compatible" w/ all the TSIP seats. How would it even fit in a BV or like if you're already using the body pillow that comes w/ the seat and the seat has headwings? I would think it would cause headflop in that situation, besides being unnecessary.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
crunchierthanthou said:
Definitely. As I said on the other thread, that's a Snuzzler if I ever saw one. She's so cramped, she can't even sit back. It just doesn't make sense for an older baby in a convertible. Noob in a bucket? I get that. Even a smaller baby in the convertibles. If she can hold her head up off the pillow, she probably doesn't need it. :p

Sorry, I didn't know there was another thread. Shows how much I've been around lately :eek:

SeattleRain

Infant seats, what about the support that is already in the B-safe?

The support in the B-Safe is annoying. They jsut have this head pad that isn't secured to the inside of the seat, it's just threaded through the harness. IT moves around all the time.

ETA: I actually really like it! It seems like for a long time, Britax convertibles were great seats, but you couldn't use them with tiny babies like you could with other seats. With the Next Gen seats having the infant positioning wedge, it seems like they're trying to make their seats more "infant friendly." All of the other seats in their price bracket (TFP, Radian, My Ride) have extensive head and newborn padding. The Britax seats just have a little mushy stuf around the hips, which I personally found to be pretty useless. I would have liked something like that when I was putting my 6 week old in the Roundabout. I think a lot of parents like the idea of their squishy newborn being cuddled in soft pillowy fabric, which is why products like the Snuzzler and Bundle Me's and harness covers are so popular. I think it's great that Britax came out with a product that is safe for their seats. If I had a newborn in a Britax, I would totally buy one. It would be great if eventually they came standard with the seat in the seat's pattern the way the Radian's infant positioner is. It's kind of crazy that after paying a premium for a Britax seat, you have to go ahead and buy all this extra stuff to make it work with your newborn.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC