Britax Snob

Phineasmama

Little Ps Mama said:
Not yet. Have only tried LATCH install so far. Will play with seatbelt installs today. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Yep, try LBP it might be the only way you can get a tight install. That's how it was in my CRV.

ADS

Athena

I do really appreciate the ease of use and coziness of the Britax convertibles. I never had any interest in their infant seat, but I do still love their convertibles.

True, but if I can't get it in there right, the features that make it a more popular choice than the Nauti are no longer so appealing, kwim?

I'm going to keep working on it, as I wanted it for the longevitiy of use more than anything else and it does trump the Nauti in that respect. I had heard that it can be difficult to install so I was ready for a little fight, but, my Graco seats are so easy-peasy, I was surprised that such a "top of the line" seat would also be such a bear!

I have both these seats too and I feel the same way, that the Frontier should be easier to install. The nauti's seat belt install is wonderfully straight forward. Although the long belt path is more complicated, I've found I've gotten a lot better at it in a short time, so I hope that is encouraging. But it'd be better if it were just easier to install from the start. In a snort time, the Frontier has really grown on me as a seat, so much so I now prefer it (overall) to the nauti. But I still prefer the nauti's seat belt install. ;) I hope it works out for you.

turtlejd

I just read through this thread and found it very interesting! I didn't realize there was a whole Britax bubble thing going on.

I love our Britax's. Our first convertible for DD1 was a roundabout and it was great! So easy to install, easy to clean, very user friendly and comfy. I'm also a big Cowmoo fan. :love:

Little Ps Mama

Okay, I woke up early, determined, and after three failed attempts last night, I FINALLY got it installed using LBP! :love: I even got it in the second row center seat between an RXT and a MR which is where I want it to reside. It is rock solid! LBP must just be the way to go on the Frontier in the Sienna. I tried LATCH and SBP in that position and they were both no-gos. Super proud of myself this morning. :D

love-pink

I giant sparkly heart latch on the FR85! I put one knee in the seat and pull. Within 30 seconds its rock solid! I've had super easy installs in our 06 Envoy XL, my 08 Impala and the 2012 Equinox I had for a loaner.

Lbp makes a perfect install in the 2nd and 3rd rows of the Envoy too! I did have to use the sbp in my friends 2011 Fusion. It took me a few minutes in there because it was my first time ever installing in her car ;)

I don't necessarily think Britax seats are better than anything else but I absolutely love home comfy they feel!! I find the new gen. seats lockoffs to be a pain because you have to fumble around so much under a cover that won't stay out of the way, but the latch installs are the closest thing to heaven!!!

I have to keep talking myself out of yet another Britax convertible ( pretty much daily at this point! )

MommyShannon

Little Ps Mama said:
Okay, I woke up early, determined, and after three failed attempts last night, I FINALLY got it installed using LBP! :love: I even got it in the second row center seat between an RXT and a MR which is where I want it to reside. It is rock solid! LBP must just be the way to go on the Frontier in the Sienna. I tried LATCH and SBP in that position and they were both no-gos. Super proud of myself this morning. :D

Yay! Now that I've done it, it's so easy. I moved our FR85s to outboard spots in the 3rd row of our Ody using LBP this weekend and they went in so easily and tight. Even dh kept commenting how comfortable the kids looked compared to sleeping in the nautilus seats they've had.

Little Ps Mama

Yay! Now that I've done it, it's so easy. I moved our FR85s to outboard spots in the 3rd row of our Ody using LBP this weekend and they went in so easily and tight. Even dh kept commenting how comfortable the kids looked compared to sleeping in the nautilus seats they've had.

The seat just feels so secure installed that way! Figuring out how to install it correctly has definitely helped me to feel the FR85 love. And the Maui Blue cover I got for it on Swap didn't hurt either. :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snaimm1892

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC