Britax Game Changer... What is this about?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
There are 2 different blog entries- the first one (which I read) didn't mention the ARB and I was totally confused how I missed it. The second one, posted later in the day has the information at the bottom. When I realized that I must be missing something, I went back and found the second post.

Thanks! Kecia got some more information that we didn't have at the time of the first one, so we added that along with her photos and videos to an update later:)

ADS

akmflinn

I am excited about these seats! Getting back in the car seat game with Boy #3 due in January. My older two are 8 & 6, so I'm in the market for new seats. I had originally planned on going with the Nextfit, but now I'm looking at the Boulevard CT. The extra height is HUGE for us because my kids are giants. My oldest is 8 1/2 and is over 5' tall, and most people think my 6-year-old is 8 because he is so tall. Both of my boys had Marathons and neither made it until two RF'ing because of height and weight. We got close, but not quite! We also had to move out of the convertibles, in to a Nautilus and Frontier, before I wanted because they outgrew the shell of the Marathon.

I am excited about the Click Tight because we will likely be using seat belt installation. Baby will be in the center of our 2004 Honda Pilot which doesn't have LATCH anchors. And we don't usually make it very long with LATCH anyway because of the weight limits.

I do wish they had all colors in all models though! I really like the Blue color (Tahoe?) the Advocate is going to come in, but can't spend the extra $$ for that over the Boulevard.

aporthole

After reading the 2nd blog post, it seemed to say the MACT will also have a reinforced head rest (albeit smaller and shorter than the BV & AV CT). Will the MACT still go by 1" of actual shell or does the head rest also count as "shell" height like with the BV & AV CT?

amelia222

I realized yesterday that whenever baby #2 comes along, most of our seats will be nearing expiry. That means I get an excuse to buy something new and pretty (eventually)!!! :D

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
After reading the 2nd blog post, it seemed to say the MACT will also have a reinforced head rest (albeit smaller and shorter than the BV & AV CT). Will the MACT still go by 1" of actual shell or does the head rest also count as "shell" height like with the BV & AV CT?

Sorry for the confusion, the Marathon CT does have a reinforced head restraint but is a couple inches shorter. On all three ClickTight seats you measure the 1" rule to roughly 1" below the bottom of the red adjustment lever.

We will have better measurements once we get a production sample!

aporthole

Sorry for the confusion, the Marathon CT does have a reinforced head restraint but is a couple inches shorter. On all three ClickTight seats you measure the 1" rule to roughly 1" below the bottom of the red adjustment lever.

We will have better measurements once we get a production sample!

Awesome! My kids trend to the short side but are proportionate in weight for height. From the sounds of it, the usable rear facing height of the MA CT may actually be more proportionately in line with the 40 lb rear facing weight limit. If the usable seated height of the new MA CT is approximate or slightly increased compared to the Classic style Britax seats the MA CT could still be a good option to reach the full 40lb RF limit. The extra long and lean kids will surely benefit from the BV and AV CTs though. I just wish the BV and AV CTs would have been able to up the RF weight limit.

3 ladybugs

I read on here that some people don't think they will need the click tight because they already know how to instal the seat correctly in their own car. However I have a counter to that.

I too know how to install both of my sons seats correctly in our own car. However this week I had to take my 07 Odyssey to the dealer to get the AC checked out. While there they told me about a recall that would require the whole day. I asked them what that meant as I don't like to move my sons seats (honestly I don't. I know how to but it isn't fun with them in tow!). If I had carseats that were VERY easy to instal I wouldn't care what the "courtesy" vehicle was. I wouldn't feel like I need to have "super human" speed to put the said seats in an unfamiliar car. I wouldn't have to worry about this or that or worse yet tell myself "well we are only going ___ far, this is 'good enough'".

To me the CT isn't for moving a seat everyday, because honestly few of us do that. It is for moving it for unexpected times. The times where we are told that we need to move the kids or figure out a later time (which is never easy if your family is like mine) when I can take the car in.

Athena

WHAAAAAT?!? :dance:

Clearly Britax needs to employ Darren on their marketing team. In no way would I have realized that they'd made all these awesome changes from the description alone. For all that build-up, they did a terrible job of actually informing people about their product!

Thanks Carseatblog! I wouldn't know any of the cool stuff without you!

:yeahthatlove: I'm a little late getting back to this, but my first reaction was, really? That was it?! Then I saw the blog and the higher RFing height limit and that could be exciting. It's too late for us, but others with tall kids, this could be exciting. Yet, the game changer term may lead to disappointment. And how does this go everywhere? Wasn't that one of the clues? Bottom line, they need to hire Darren on their marketing team.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC