Booster vs. convertible seat

GrahamFam

For a five and a half year old who meets the height and weight restrictions for a booster seat, is there an advantage to stay in a convertible car seat in booster mode (we have the Evenflo Symphony) vs. using a high back booster (my older daughter uses the Evenflo Big Kid Amp)? He is mature enough to understand seat belt safety. We drive a Chevrolet Traverse.

Thank you for your feedback.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
For a five and a half year old who meets the height and weight restrictions for a booster seat, is there an advantage to stay in a convertible car seat in booster mode (we have the Evenflo Symphony) vs. using a high back booster (my older daughter uses the Evenflo Big Kid Amp)? He is mature enough to understand seat belt safety. We drive a Chevrolet Traverse.

Thank you for your feedback.
Hey there!

Many people actually find that it's easier to get good fit and buckle properly in a dedicated booster (with no harness mode.) I personally never use combination seats or 3 in 1 seats in booster mode for my kids, because it's so much easier for them to buckle in a dedicated booster. Go ahead and switch if you want to!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC