Booster taller than frontier 90?

Jackie010307

I took it out and turned it around to make sure. I was surprised myself that she was outgrowing it, but the adjuster bar on the back is on the highest setting it will raise to. Just for reference we are talking about a 7 year old who wears a 10 or 12 in shirts for length but can still wear a 7 in pants!

ADS

Baylor

I took it out and turned it around to make sure. I was surprised myself that she was outgrowing it, but the adjuster bar on the back is on the highest setting it will raise to. Just for reference we are talking about a 7 year old who wears a 10 or 12 in shirts for length but can still wear a 7 in pants!

That sounds like a FR 85... The Height adjuster on the FR 90 is on the top of the headrest. not in the back..

The FR85 is the one where you adjust height in the back of the seat by lifting the bar. If that is the case there is a screw and if you remove it the headrest will go higher.

When did you purchase seat? Maybe that will help?

Baylor

This is the 90 .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgSVb7Uxj7g&list=PLZO3M_XdB7rYaF6yvyKmv96106hq1pZRm"]Frontier 90, Pinnacle 90, Pioneer 70 - Adjusting the Harness and Head Restraint - YouTube[/ame]

FR 85

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niZynEr5l0g"]Britax Frontier 85 Harness-2-Booster Seat: Harness Height Adjustment - YouTube[/ame]

Athena

If that seat in the photo is hers, then it's the 90. (We have both. :)) At first I thought we were talking about a 7yo outgrowing the 85 in booster mode and was very surprised, but my 7yo already outgrew the 85 harness and the 90 isn't much taller, so it is quite possible. But outgrowing the harness isn't outgrowing the booster, so take comfort that you still have some time. If you see any 85s on clearance, they make a really tall booster, the reason I'm hoarding mine now that they're discontinued. My DD loves hers.

Baylor

Okay. It sounded like the 85 by talking about the back adjuster bar..

I missed the post on the thread. I had been surfing on the phone.. Oh well!! Thought we could get you another inch or so!!

MommyShannon

Okay. It sounded like the 85 by talking about the back adjuster bar.. I missed the post on the thread. I had been surfing on the phone.. Oh well!! Thought we could get you another inch or so!!
I had to go check the pic again after that post too.

Jackie010307

It's a 90, I just took it out to see if I was missing something and it did adjust higher than I had it. I guess what I was trying to explain wasn't clear, sorry about that! I just meant the thing on the back that locks the headrest into place was as high as it goes.

MommyShannon

It's a 90, I just took it out to see if I was missing something and it did adjust higher than I had it. I guess what I was trying to explain wasn't clear, sorry about that! I just meant the thing on the back that locks the headrest into place was as high as it goes.
On the 85s you had to uninstall and move that similar piece to adjust the height. There was no front adjust. That's just why it triggered images of 85s. Hopefully you have plenty of time. It seems like I keep being surprised how long DD is fitting in some seats when I was sure she would be out of them a year ago! I guess her legs are growing instead of torso.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC