Booster or no?

njkj

Here is DS in our new van (15 Ody) in the 3rd row. He is dying to ditch the booster so I said I'd get some opinions. His back is pushed forward a bit bc I didn't raise the headrest yet. His hands are where his hip bones are. View attachment 26997

Last edited:
ADS

gigi

I think it looks like he would benefit from a booster until his legs fit better on the seat. That looks like a position that would be hard to maintain.

jess71903

Ambassador
Without more info, he looks good. If it's a really shallow foot well and all getting taller will do is push his knees up, then I'd say yes, he's good. If he feet are sticking out because he knees don't bend at the end of the seat and feet don't touch the floor, then no, I think he still needs a booster.

aept

Thumbs down from me. His knees aren't really at the edge of the seat yet. Sorry buddy! Too bad, since the belt does seem to hit him ok at the hips. Tell him he needs a leg growth spurt ;)

Athena

I second the incognito. He's not alone. My DD is 57" and doesn't 5 step. At that height, the incognito is a great option and if he's embarrassed, it blends in nicely.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Butt all the way back, feet flat on the floor. Then there's none of that calves flaring out from pressure on the front of the seat, which is the sign that he's going to scoot right forward and the belt will slide right up.
Incognito is totally cool :).

Your new van is totally cooler!

bnsnyde

My 8 Year-old is back there is the 2011 version (basically same I think).
He is 56" and 72 lbs. He is in an Incognito.
I don't plan to stop the booster anytime soon.

I'd have him in a high-back (love our Prosport in the spare car) but we simply can't due to our 3 in a row. In fact, NO other booster worked except Incognito in the middle in our setup in that third row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC