Booster for 09 corolla

U

Unregistered

I'm looking for a booster for grandma's car. My son has trouble buckling the seatbelt in his Britax Frontier. I can help him easily but my mom can't reach as easily when she has him and she wants her own booster anyway so we don't have to move it between vehicles.
Her car is a 2009 corolla. My son is almost 7. He is 66lbs and I'm not sure how tall but somewhere around 48". He was fine when he was harnessed but buckling the seatbelt is more challenging.

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Any budget in mind? There are great high back options from $55ish up to $300+. And, are you looking for a high back or a backless?

U

Unregistered

No specific budget in mind but we don't want to spend as much as we did on our Frontiers. I would prefer high back.

Jana

I finally remembered my password. The question above is mine.

I would prefer a highback booster. We have no specific budget in mind but don't really want to spend as much as we did on our Frontiers.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes, pretty much the same. I haven't tried it though; I can't recall if the lower anchors in that car overlap the buckle in a way that will cause problems with a booster. I think not.

U

Unregistered

Yes, pretty much the same. I haven't tried it though; I can't recall if the lower anchors in that car overlap the buckle in a way that will cause problems with a booster. I think not.

Thank you. She is going to order that one.

kmw

I know this is an old post but hoping for help with same situation. My issue is that I have the Turbobooster HBB, Graco doesn't allow a gap behind boosters and Toyota doesn't allow headrest removal. Dealing with same 2009 Corolla. Headrests can be removed, just not permitted by manufacturer.

I saw the response of Ketchupqueen and am now confused... I was told by another CPST that my Turbo is incompatible.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Toyota may say not to remove the headrest in the manual, but they have clarified that it is ok to remove them as long as they are replaced before a rider without a car seat or high back booster rides there and not left loose in the car. The direction in the manual not to remove was intended to prevent adults from riding without adequate head restraint.

If you choose not to do that, you can use the booster backless.

kmw

Toyota may say not to remove the headrest in the manual, but they have clarified that it is ok to remove them as long as they are replaced before a rider without a car seat or high back booster rides there and not left loose in the car. The direction in the manual not to remove was intended to prevent adults from riding without adequate head restraint.

If you choose not to do that, you can use the booster backless.

This is the best news!!! Thank you so much! I will remove and keep the HBB

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC