Booster Fit - Performance Booster vs Parkway

ADS

MyTwoSons

They both seem to provide a proper belt fit. Is there one you or your son likes better?

They both have pros and cons...that's why I am having such a hard time. I was hoping one would jump out as a better fit and that would convince me to pull the trigger on one over the other :p

Both allow the seatbelt to retract perfectly and DS says he likes both.

Performance Booster Pros:
**I love how sturdy and "thick" it is...just seems very stable and crash worthy
**The loose latch doesn't really bother me because in this vehicle it's not much if any looser than I would choose to leave the Parkway (I like the thought of the booster being able to "move" with the child in a crash)
**It has more seat depth (his knees bend naturally at the edge now)
**He can access the cup holders without moving out of position at all

Performance Booster Cons:
**The top of the lapbelt rides just above the red portion of the guide under the armrest (is that a problem??)
**He might be more squished in the future as he gets broader through the shoulders
**Not as tall as Parkway
**Head wings and sides aren't quite as deep as the Parkway due to how thick the back of the seat is

Parkway Pros:
**LOVE the option of the secure guard
**Safe cell technology seems like a good thing
**Taller
**Seems to surround him more (headwing and side depth)

Parkway Cons:
**He leans forward some to access the cup holders due to their placement
**The seat depth is shorter and his knees already bend out past the edge of the seat
**Headrest seems to have to be up higher for shoulder belt to be closer to neck
**Doesn't seem as "sturdy" as the Performance Booster

I've got to make a decision and send one back, but I keep waffling:dizzy:

babyherder

Hmmm. No idea if the lapbelt being above the red lapbelt guide is an issue. I need a tech for that one.

Is one more comfortable than the other? I feel like the headrest being high will be an issue in both of them at some point as your son grows. Once you move the headrest up it probably seem a little high, then kid grows more and it seems perfect, then kid grows more and it needs moved up and seems high again, etc. If your ds's knees bend past the end of the parkway now how long will he find it comfortable? How long do you want to keep him in a highback?

wavegal

Personally I like the fit of the performance booster better, I think the shoulder placement is a little too close to the neck in the parkway. I wouldn't necessary worry about being higher in the red, its just a guide and still in the red area.

jess71903

Ambassador
I am really lusting after the Performance Boosters right now, but they're too wide for our needs, so if it fits where you need it to, my gut reaction is PB. It's also prettier ;).

MyTwoSons

Personally I like the fit of the performance booster better, I think the shoulder placement is a little too close to the neck in the parkway. I wouldn't necessary worry about being higher in the red, its just a guide and still in the red area.

Thank you. I don't know a whole lot about boosters yet, but my concern was that maybe the top of the lapbelt being higher than the red colored guide area rather than completely within it, might mean that in a crash the lapbelt would be pulled in such a way to make submarining under it easier. Is this an unfounded concern? :eek: The lapbelt fits low across his thighs, it just seems that the angle the seatbelt comes from the car prevents it from being completely in that red area.

I think I am nervous about this because I know that the Parkway has the secure guard and since the Performance Booster doesn't I want to make sure he isn't at greater risk of submaring due to the position of the lapbelt.

I am really lusting after the Performance Boosters right now, but they're too wide for our needs, so if it fits where you need it to, my gut reaction is PB. It's also prettier ;).

Yes, I think I am leaning Performance Booster. My last lingering hang-up is the lack of secure guard. And yes, I agree it is prettier, plus when DS2 turns ff at 3.5 yrs he will move into a matching Performance Sport! My second row would look really snazzy then!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC