Booster Car Seats

B

bookwormz

Booster Car Seats

My daughter needs a new booster Car seat because her's is uncomfortable. I have narrowed it down to: Safety 1st/Vantage Point High Back Booster Seat, Graco/Grand Cargo Booster, or Evenflo/Apollo Booster Seat. Can any of you people help me with some insights, safety recalls, or info in general about any of these? The main thing I am concerned with is safety, straps that get twisted easily, and it needs to be comfortable for her head if she falls asleep on long trips. Thanks for any help...I am leaning more towards the Apollo right now.

ADS
R

Robert

Re: Booster Car Seats

The best thing to do is to take your daughter to a store and try out the booster seats with her. You can also check out the buying guide in this section which can help.

C

Caviller

A lot is personal preference...

I own the Century NextStep DX, and am very happy with it. Many parents do seem to like the new Apollo model, though. New models on the shelves should not be affected by any safety recalls, and all meet current safety standards.

Here's a direct link for the buying guide Robert mentioned:

www.car-safety.org/guide.html

In it you can find some features to consider, and also some links to other sites that have recommendations and information on specific models.

Good luck!

U

UlrikeDG

If you decide to look at Evenflo...

They have two versions of many of their seats (including the Express)--the "regular" version and the "Comfort Touch" version. The Comfort Touch has more padding. If comfort is your motivation, you'll want to look at the Comfort Touch version.

The Apollo *may* only be available in the Comfort Touch version. I have a friend who just got one, and she's THRILLED with it. The nice thing about the Apollo is that it does have EPS foam (like you find in Bike Helmets). To me, that is an important safety feature, and that would move it to the top of my list of seats to try.

Good luck. I hope you find something you and your child *love*. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC