Bob strollers

mom2kandm

So, i have this idea i will try walking/jogging with my daughter. I'm thinking of getting a bob stroller. First, are they worth it? Are they easy to use? Also, what's a good price for them? REI has them on sale for 339+tax, which is comparable to amazon. Missed the one on NBD. I've also been stalking craigslist, but waiting for the sellers to contact me. Does anyone have a 20% code for wayfair that is good on strollers? TIA

ADS

Keeks64

I <3 my BOB like nothing else!!!!! It's worth every penny which in Canada I paid $475 for mine :O but it was so worth it! My DS is 3.5 & we still use it alot for mall shopping or walks to the park that are too far for him to walk....it's still in perfect condition :)

It's easy to fold - theres are like levers on the side of the handle bar -press them down & it folds in half & then there's a handle you grab & pull & it folds flat - takes 2 seconds & you can easily do it one handed - if you get the reg model with the 16" wheels it's kinda big to fit into a trunk but if you get the SE with 12" it fits a little smaller

Used around here are about $350 I'm not sure about the US prices used but they are worth it for sure even used....BOB warranty is amazing too they fix anything but I've never heard of much ever going wrong other than the foam handle splitting

The one & only downside to the BOB for me is the basket is minuscule & holds nothing but my diaper bag holds everything I need anyways for the most part & the stroller can be tippy if you leave the heavy stroller attached to the handle bar when the stroller is empty.

mom2kandm

thanks everyone. I played around with it today. It does have a very nice push. The fold is ok, kind of cumbersome compared to the b-agile (which I have now). Overall, very big, but nice stroller.

I found the 10%code works at wayfair, so they seem to have the best price right now. Just not sure if I want to spend this much for something I am not 100% sure about. I've been stalking craigslist and seen several listing for $250, but they go fast. I wish there was a service where I could rent the stroller for a week to see if I really want to buy it!

T4K

If you don't like the fold you can look at the BJ Summit (I think that's the model). I have the BJ FIT and I loooooove it for the jogging I do. It's fixed wheel (which I wanted) and a lower price point.

cheerbop

I have pushed both ethe BJ actual joggers and the BOBs. Hands down I still think BOB is better. The BJ is good, but the push is a bit better on BOB and I like the suspension on the BOB better as well.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I loooooove my BOB. I can push it one handed and still turn on a dime - and when DS was a baby I would mall walk" NEXT to the stroller do that I could talk to him and hand him stacks and stuff).

Of all the baby stuff, my BOB is the thing I'm most emotionally attached to ( and I posted an homage go my first car seat earlier this month- and I love the BoB WAAAY more than my original MA).

I'm in the process of selling mine ( locally since I couldnt imagine what shipping that beast would be like) and if there was even a SLIVER of a chance of a 3rd kid I would keep it just in case.

ETA: another plus to the BOB I just found out about: I've never attempted to clean the thing, EVER. It didn't look horrible, but after years of kids using the sides ( where of course is is lightest fabric :rolleyes:) it was dingy. I sprayed some shout on it, scrubbed it for like 10 seconds, sprayed it with a hose, and YEARS of gunk were gone like magic.

jdjr6735

I loooove my bob! I bought it used on eBay with a rain cover for under $200. My daughter is 3 and I wish the bob could accommodate a taller child, because I feel she's pushing the limits. My daughter is unable to walk sowe use strollers everywhere. The bob is my favorite. I wish I had splurged on it to begin with!

wavegal

Another BOB fan here, we have the single and double rev, I have owned the single for 4 years, the only stroller i've owned that long too. The push is amazing, and its a lot lighter than any of the BJ air tire strollers. My giant 3.5 year old still fits with room to grow

mom2kandm

You guys are such enablers. Now amazon has it for 339 and no tax, free shipping. Plus free return shipping. What to do... What to do...

mom2kandm

Yeah, just did it. Ordered a blue one at wayfair for 321.xx. With cashback from my cc and going through a cashback website, about $305. Can't wait to get it!

Thanks everyone :)

Marvin711

You are gonna love it! Worth every penny and resale is amazing! Did not discover how amazing bobs were until 3rd child...now have purchased a double and a single! :O

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
You are gonna love it! Worth every penny and resale is amazing! Did not discover how amazing bobs were until 3rd child...now have purchased a double and a single! :O

You aren't joking! I posted my 2007 mesa orange revolution for $200 less than 12 hours ago and I currently have 2 buyers in some sort of 'bidding war' (if you can call it that on craigslist - I told the 2nd about the 1st and the 2nd is offering more $$ and they're going back and forth).

mom2kandm

You aren't joking! I posted my 2007 mesa orange revolution for $200 less than 12 hours ago and I currently have 2 buyers in some sort of 'bidding war' (if you can call it that on craigslist - I told the 2nd about the 1st and the 2nd is offering more $$ and they're going back and forth).

OMG, too funny. Used bobs are in high demand. I hope you make lots of money :)

mom2kandm

If anyone is in the markey for the se, wayfair has it for $340.99, so with the 10% code its about $306. The only color they have in stock is black. Everything else is backordered. I was able to call and get a price adjustment for the difference. Yeah!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC