BOB revo. or BJ elite? Why?

D&L's-mommy

looking for a stroller for long walks, that will handle mulch, gravel, grass. Narrowed it down to the BOB revo. or DJ elite because of the weight capacity. my 8 year old uses a wheel chair for long walks or amusement parks, but I can't push his chair and a stroller, and he doesn't always want to sit, so I thought this way he can sit if needed, and my 4 year old or 2 week old niece ride in it. or I can wear baby and one of my kids can ride. I like that both have a huge canopy, decent storage, big wheels, good recline. I don't jog, but do like to take long walks. which folds smaller? which stroller do you prefer and why? am I overlooking other options? this is a big investment for us so I'm trying to avoid disappointment. thanks!

just saw the joovy zoom 360 has a 75lb limit? any experience with that?

ADS

Kaitsmom

I have a BJ Elite and love it! I can push one handed very easily, and my hge 4 yr old has room still to grow, she is 44" tall, 46lbs and has a 17.5" torso. I have taken in grass, gravel, wood chips and sand with no problem. It is heavy, and the basket is kind of useless if you need in and out of it frequently though.

munchkin

I own both and really can't decide which I like better.

I prefer the fold and look of the BJCE, but I like the 'foot well' of the BOB for a smaller kiddo to sit in if needed and the access to the basket. Otherwise they are pretty comparable in my opinion. Right now my sister has my BOB and I have been using the BJCE so I guess I would pick the BJCE, but she has been begging me to sell her the BOB and I won't, because I know I will want to use it when I have my own kiddos.

D&L's-mommy

The Joovy has a pretty short seatback. I'd probably go with the Elite since it has the biggest seat (I think 3" taller than BOB's), even though a BOB Rev. would have the best push no matter what the weight of the child in the seat. And the 2011 Elite's are cheaper.
http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-city-elite-single-2010-black-sport.html

I had heard the BOB's have a short seat back, I love albee, that's a great price

I have a BJ Elite and love it! I can push one handed very easily, and my hge 4 yr old has room still to grow, she is 44" tall, 46lbs and has a 17.5" torso. I have taken in grass, gravel, wood chips and sand with no problem. It is heavy, and the basket is kind of useless if you need in and out of it frequently though.
my 4 year old is practically the same size, glad to hear there's growing room in the elite. I had a city mini, had to sell it cuz we needed the money :thumbsdown:. so I'm familiar with the basket, it's a pain, but works for jackets, blankets, etc

I own both and really can't decide which I like better.

I prefer the fold and look of the BJCE, but I like the 'foot well' of the BOB for a smaller kiddo to sit in if needed and the access to the basket. Otherwise they are pretty comparable in my opinion. Right now my sister has my BOB and I have been using the BJCE so I guess I would pick the BJCE, but she has been begging me to sell her the BOB and I won't, because I know I will want to use it when I have my own kiddos.

I thought about this too...that one kid can hop on the foot well for a short ride. I wish I could buy both, lol. DH would not be very amused, lol. though he would say "if it makes you happy" :D
I guess I'm leaning towards the BJCE...but I'm on the hunt for a good deal, thanks for your experiences

munchkin

I thought about this too...that one kid can hop on the foot well for a short ride. I wish I could buy both, lol. DH would not be very amused, lol. though he would say "if it makes you happy" :D
I guess I'm leaning towards the BJCE...but I'm on the hunt for a good deal, thanks for your experiences

I'm not gonna lie, I've had 2 kids who's combined weight was around the 75 pound weight limit stuffed into the single seat of the BJCE. Not something I would do everyday, but an occasional 'we need to leave the zoo right now and we are all the way in the back so have to move' kinda thing. And definitely wouldn't have both if hadn't bought them both used in excellent condition for the combined price less than new for either.

D&L's-mommy

I'm not gonna lie, I've had 2 kids who's combined weight was around the 75 pound weight limit stuffed into the single seat of the BJCE. Not something I would do everyday, but an occasional 'we need to leave the zoo right now and we are all the way in the back so have to move' kinda thing. And definitely wouldn't have both if hadn't bought them both used in excellent condition for the combined price less than new for either.[/QUOTE

last summer at the end of a long day at the amusement park I had both kids on the city mini for the walk to the car, that was WAY over the weight limit (about 90# combined), and the stroller survived, lol. when everyone's tired and cranky, you make it work. I'm gonna stalk craigslist and see what I can find. I'm thinking about the glider board,but it's got a 45# limit, I don't wanna push my luck, lol (DS is close to 70#, DD is just over 40#)

jordansmom

Have you checked your local craigslist? I'm thinking you would probably be able to find either one for a great price if you don't mind gently used. You might even be able to get both used for the same price as one new!

D&L's-mommy

Have you checked your local craigslist? I'm thinking you would probably be able to find either one for a great price if you don't mind gently used. You might even be able to get both used for the same price as one new!

I'm gonna keep an eye on craigslist,ebay, nbd, and wayfair. I'm all for a good deal!

jmenole

Aren't BJCEs and BJ Summits very similar? I am sure I am going to regret this because I'll post it and then they'll be gone and THEN I'll decide I want one, but I've been watching the BJ Summits on Wayfair clearance for weeks now, trying to decide between that and a Bumbleride Indie on local CL. Today the Summits are $199 on Wayfair - there are 7 in the Sand color. There is also one MB Swift in Lime that dropped to $225 today. :)

http://www.wayfair.com/Youth-Gear-and-Furniture-Sales-C541544.html?filter=ClID~406

Last edited:

D&L's-mommy

aAren't BJCEs and BJ Summits very similar? I am sure I am going to regret this because I'll post it and then they'll be gone and THEN I'll decide I want one, but I've been watching the BJ Summits on Wayfair clearance for weeks now, trying to decide between that and a Bumbleride Indie on local CL. Today the Summits are $199 on Wayfair - there are 7 in the Sand color. There is also one MB Swift in Lime that dropped to $225 today. :)

http://www.wayfair.com/Youth-Gear-and-Furniture-Sales-C541544.html?filter=ClID~406

I thought about the summit too, I'm going to look into the details of it, I think overall it's larger.

jess71903

Ambassador
I have a 5year old that can't do long distances. I considered the Summit too but ended up with the Elite. I love it. When space is at a premium I pop all the wheels off. I have also had my 2 (about 70 lbs combined) in the single seat. Not ideal, because they love to mess with each other, but it was still an easy push. Gage is using the top slots on the ProSport with a couple inches growing room and has plenty of room in the Elite.

jmenole

I have a 5year old that can't do long distances. I considered the Summit too but ended up with the Elite. I love it. When space is at a premium I pop all the wheels off. I have also had my 2 (about 70 lbs combined) in the single seat. Not ideal, because they love to mess with each other, but it was still an easy push. Gage is using the top slots on the ProSport with a couple inches growing room and has plenty of room in the Elite.

(Sorry to hijack a bit, OP) Why did you choose the City Elite over the Summit? Summit has the larger rear wheels, hand brake (because/and is a true jogging stroller I think) and all wheel independent suspension (CE has front wheel suspension only), wipe clean but stationary handlebar (CE adjusts). So Jess, was it price/availability/color or one of these features (or something else)?

jess71903

Ambassador
(Sorry to hijack a bit, OP) Why did you choose the City Elite over the Summit? Summit has the larger rear wheels, hand brake (because/and is a true jogging stroller I think) and all wheel independent suspension (CE has front wheel suspension only), wipe clean but stationary handlebar (CE adjusts). So Jess, was it price/availability/color or one of these features (or something else)?

Availability over anything else. I found mine on Craigslist. I also wanted the smaller wheels, actually just for portability's sake.

D&L's-mommy

Availability over anything else. I found mine on Craigslist. I also wanted the smaller wheels, actually just for portability's sake.[/quot

I don't jog so I don't need the all wheel suspension and 16"wheels, I want the elite because of the forever air tires, smaller fold, deeper recline, adjustable handle bar and leg rest, and the easier to access basket

Last edited:

mom2011

I haven't read all the previous replies carefully, so I apologize if I am missing something or repeating something. I've had both a BJCE (2008) and BJ Summit XC (2009, got new for free) and currently a BJ Summit SC double, used nearly daily for almost two years now. I've also used a BOB Revolution double as a rental for a week vacation. After that week using the BOB, I will say that I *much* prefer my BJ strollers. They just seem to be more well-built, more solid, easier to maneuver and transport, and have more features.

If you can get a Summit XC for less than a City Elite, I would say go for it. Especially if you will be using it for long walks primarily and not necessarily in small spaces. (although the summit isn't that much bigger in reality) I love having the hand brake for hills, even just walking and not jogging. It doesn't have the organizer pockets up top but you could add something if you wanted.

I think that some changes have been made to the new Summits, though, some of which I would not prefer over the features I have... I like the plastic foot well over a fabric one and like the double front AND rear wheels on the double vs. just one in front.

D&L's-mommy

I haven't read all the previous replies carefully, so I apologize if I am missing something or repeating something. I've had both a BJCE (2008) and BJ Summit XC (2009, got new for free) and currently a BJ Summit SC double, used nearly daily for almost two years now. I've also used a BOB Revolution double as a rental for a week vacation. After that week using the BOB, I will say that I *much* prefer my BJ strollers. They just seem to be more well-built, more solid, easier to maneuver and transport, and have more features.

If you can get a Summit XC for less than a City Elite, I would say go for it. Especially if you will be using it for long walks primarily and not necessarily in small spaces. (although the summit isn't that much bigger in reality) I love having the hand brake for hills, even just walking and not jogging. It doesn't have the organizer pockets up top but you could add something if you wanted.

I think that some changes have been made to the new Summits, though, some of which I would not prefer over the features I have... I like the plastic foot well over a fabric one and like the double front AND rear wheels on the double vs. just one in front.

seriously jealous you got one for free ,lol. I'm definitely going with a baby jogger, just not sure it it will be an elite or summit. I will see what's available in a few weeks when we get our tax return (yeah! :D) I think in the end, price will win out

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC