Big kid in a booster question

Mysweethoneybee

What would you do for an 8 year old boy who is too wide for boosters. Today he tried all of my boosters. He just fits in the Monterey, but the seatbelt doesn't fit under the arms of Monterey they are forward of the arms. He sat in the Harmony youth booster or rather he sat on the arms of the youth booster. He tried the backless turbo booster and the seatbelt wouldn't go under the arms due to his legs. It also stuck on him when he tried to stand up. Our evenflo amp seemed to have the best fit but it was still a little tight getting the seatbelt between the arm of the booster and his leg. Oh the Cosco topside was a no go too. He is short but very round for his age. He doesn't ride in any booster in his mom's car because he is 8years old (I think he hasn't ridden in a booster since he hit 80lbs which was probably before he was 8). I would like for him to ride in a booster in my car because the seatbelt doesn't fit him without one, but then he doesn't seem to fit any boosters. Is there a really wide booster out there? He will ride with us occasionally so I don't want to spend a lot of money. Even if it isn't perfect fit should I just go with the amp?

ADS

christineka

The harmony olympian is wide. The bubblebum goes to 100 pounds now (not sure his weight) and has no arms at all. The graco connext looks like it is wide as well. (Or the measurements do- I haven't seen it in person) The harmony cruz is fairly wide.

thekatie

The Graco Connext is very wide. My son is 9, 85lb at least, very stocky... He's been squished into the Literider, hating it, and we just got a Connext. *I* can sit in it and not be squished.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC