Big ads

HEVY

I have two big ads on my page and have to scroll down to see the threads, never had to do that before. Using Chrome.

Last edited:
ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Do you mean the rectangular Recaro ad and the one next to it under the Google search bar?

Those replaced smaller advertisements in late 2012: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=235162 . No major changes in advertising have been made since then, other than minor adjustments.

Did you possibly have a subscription that expired? I can't think of any other reason you wouldn't have seen those before.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Yeah, they are not pretty, but the ads do support the site. Some even if they are never clicked.

From the "Support Car-Seat.Org" thread:

Finally, I ask that you please consider NOT using advertisement-blocking software/settings here, or at the very least put www.car-seat.org into your whitelist. While many of us don't like ads, the reality is that our sponsors and advertisers track who visits their websites from our forum and that affects if they will continue to advertise and how much they are willing to pay. You will see fewer advertisements over time if you register and become an active member, and almost no ads appear for subscribers. Car-Seat.Org does not use any type of pop-up, pop-under, intra-page or other intrusive ads that force you to interact or close them before you can read the content on a page. So, if you must use an ad blocker here, please consider supporting us in other ways listed below.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The one under the Announcements, Guidelines and Feedback is new, the other ones on top were not that big.

That is one of the oldest ads, since late 2008 when it became necessary to have ads supplement subscriptions to pay for hosting costs. The two above it were changed from a smaller size in November, 2012.

I just checked and you did indeed have a benefactor subscription that expired on July 4th. That would have blocked nearly all ad placements.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC