Better than the PetBuckle (review/comparison)

Cryssy Jane

Didn't read that the d ring was from the pet buckle kit.

Thanks. Budapest gets very irritated with buckles (currently collarless because it drives him nuts) so protecting the hair is good.

I think I'll order one and try on both dogs as I'm sure they'll both wear larges and if they tolerate it then I'll grab another. A great price that's for sure.

ADS

WhatAboutPuppy

Honestly. I was shocked at the price. The quality is higher. My guess was $35-$40 each. Not $28 (I paid $26 since he had a $2 off deal for buying it there). He also helped me make sure I fit it to her properly... Snug and correct size.

Cryssy Jane

WhatAboutPuppy said:
Honestly. I was shocked at the price. The quality is higher. My guess was $35-$40 each. Not $28 (I paid $26 since he had a $2 off deal for buying it there). He also helped me make sure I fit it to her properly... Snug and correct size.

Just ordered one from amazon it'll be here in two days. Excited to try it. Thanks for posting otherwise I would have never known about it.

msg221

Thanks for that review! I really need to get this for my dogs. I think I'd rather have them buckled up in the back then riding in the cargo area like they have been. I don't drive with them a lot, but I might take them out more now that it's nicer weather.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I should order an XL for Buster because he is 77 lbs. and I'm afraid the L won't fit since he's pretty close to the 80 lb. weight limit. If the XL would work, it's only $21.56 on Amazon whereas the L is $26.99. I would need to get the L for Winnie though.

What do you think? Here's a pic of Buster. Yes, I caught him in the act after he dragged this 44 lb. bag of food into the dining room! It was the best pic I could find of him standing up.

P1030124.jpg

WhatAboutPuppy

Kira's 58 pounds. I don't know how to answer your question though. Just that she's 58 and wearing the large.
I think you should buy one large and try it on both dogs. I bet the large will fit well. But to be safe so you don't have to return one you could just order one?

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Thanks for posting this! Our dogs usually ride crated or in the back of the pickup truck. When in the truck, they are tethered with just their collars, which keeps them in the truck but of course offers no protection in the event of even a minor accident.

msg221

I just ordered one large because I know it should fit Winnie for sure, and then I can just try it on Buster.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Judi, what is that cool collar Toby has on?

That's one nifty harness, thanks for sharing the pictures, ladies :D
I'm always rigging my wee weiner dogs up with a walking harness and a Britax D-ring, but this might be worth it (for a long trip, I'm thinking of putting them in RF convertibles, lol).

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I got it at PetSmart. I bought one for Sadie too. They don't carry them any more. But hey, they had to have seat belt collars, right?

Harvey's makes them now too.

ConnorsMommy

I have one that looks similar to that one for my dog Leo. He's about 65 lbs. The one I bought is tan/brown and is from Petsmart. It doesn't have a tether strap, but has a loop to put the seat belt through. After I buckle him in, I lock the belt so he can't move around too much. Do you think it is safe too, even though it isn't crash tested? I've never tried the PetBuckle, but based on what I've seen from the pictures, it doesn't seem as comfortable as the one I have and the one talked about in this thread.

Side note: Our dog isn't allowed in the car without his car harness. Some friends wanted to bring their 20 lbs dog in my car last week and I told them I don't let unharnessed dogs in my car. They were kind of irritated. Do you let unharnessed dogs in your vehicle?

WhatAboutPuppy

To be honest. Yes, I let a lot of unharnessed dogs in my vehicle. Including my own. I have changed that for my Kira though now with this harness. And I now have an extra (pet buckle) for a second dog but we'll see if it gets used. I don't like the pet buckle.

teekadog

Great review, thank you. Do you think the Bergen allows more freedom of movement than the Pet Buckle? Our dog gets very carsick, and wearing the PB makes it much worse because it is a.) uncomfortable and therefore confining so b.) he gets even more anxious in the car leading to c.) getting all tangled up and barfing which is d.) a very, VERY unpleasant experience for us all.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I think it does, just, bet just because I an using the tether with the Bergan. For the Pet Buckle, I was seat belting them in.

Irishmama

I ordered an XL for our barrel-chested Lab. Should be here this week, or next. I'm excited to try it. I love the idea of the Pet Buckle, but I don't like using it. :eek:

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have a 100+ Black Lab. He's 8.

I have no LATCH, so what do I hook the Bergan to? I need one of these.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The directions show to clip the carabiner to the buckle stalk. Also, you could use the seat belt.

WhatAboutPuppy

Kac said:
I have a 100+ Black Lab. He's 8.

I have no LATCH, so what do I hook the Bergan to? I need one of these.

I showed a pic of the manual where it states how to use it (for vehicles without latch or dogs larger than the max latch weight limits) earlier in this thread.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC