Best sub for a Combi Corroco?

N

newcarseattime

Hello!

We have a small car and are just barely making do with a Chicco Keyfit 30 on the passenger side. One parent's knees touch the dash and it just doesn't work now that we are doing some longer road trips. I'm looking for options that we could replace it with that would take less front to back room while ideally still keeping the kid fairly reclined. My brother uses a Combi Corroco and it seems to work well (we've tried it in our car) so I went to buy one but they aren't sold anymore. I'm trying to figure out what I should buy instead, but a lot of the suggestions I'm finding are a few years old and I don't know what's made anymore. I have looked at this: https://carseatblog.com/22818/the-u...ertible-space-comparison-review-size-matters/

Other considerations:
  • Kid is 1 year, 27", 18 lbs.
  • Car is a 2001 Prius - very different from current Priuses, not a hatchback.
  • Getting the kid in and out easily is a priority.
  • Being able to fit two adults in the back seat with the kid in a pinch if necessary for short distances is a nice to have.
  • We do fly a lot so something that is relatively light and easy to tote around and install on a plane or in a taxi would be nice, but that's very much a secondary consideration.
  • I'm fine with a solution that will only last us a year or two.
  • Budget is flexible.
My best guesses right now are either a Cosco Scenera NEXT or a Britax Boulevard? Maybe a Graco Contender Slim? We have a BuyBuyBaby not too far away that we can try things at, but they don't carry a particularly wide selection of seats.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I would actually look at the Graco Slimfit3 LX (NOT regular Slimfit) which can be very compact front to back and is slim side to side. That's probably your best bet for small in both directions. This one: Graco SlimFit3 LX 3 in 1 Car Seat | Space Saving Car Seat Fits 3 Across in Your Back Seat, Kunningham https://a.co/d/bxp2OEQ

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC