Best seat for flying with toddler

esak1979

Ok. My dd is 45 inches tall and weighs 44 lbs. We are flying United with a layover from Baltimore to Seattle. My ds will go in his scenara. What seat do I do for dd to ride in on the plane? I would really like her harnessed. She sleep well in her seat, (she is in a booster at home because of the height. Help!!!

Thanks!

ADS

Ninetales

I don't know what the height limits are for a Maestro but that's an inexpensive and fairly lightweight seat. Or maybe the Harmony Defender from Walmart. I haven't seen one in person yet but it's rumored to be good for tall kids.

mrosehughes

At 4.5, I would probably look to getting her a harnessed seat to use at home and use that on the plane (most 4.5 year olds are not mature enough to be boostered). The maestro is a good travel seat, but only harnesses to 50 lbs. of course, that could be 6 months more or two years depending on how she gains. If she's a slow gainer, I'd look at that. If not, then another option might be a harmony defender, but I don't know how much it weighs.

bubbaray

If she is in a booster FT at home, I would use the lap belt without any restraint on the plane and a HBB in the rental car at destination. I wouldn't re-harness her just for the flight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC